Last Updated on
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Ceramic Frying Pans
- MasterClass Eco (Editor’s Choice)
- Cambridge CW002211-003 (Luxury Choice)
- Tower Cerastone Mini (Best Value)
- Blue Diamond 24 (Best for All Cooking Surfaces)
- Tower T800012 (Best Copper Effect)
- Easy Cook 1558 (Best Dishwasher-Safe)
- Swan SWPS2010BLN Retro (Best Set)
- GreenP CW001359-002 (Best With Silicone Handle)
- GreenChef CW002323-003 (Best for Induction)
- GreenP Venice Pro (Best Oven-Safe)
Are you looking to ditch your non-stick frying pans and switch to ceramic coated ones? If so, you’re not alone. Doing so helps to cut out harmful toxins from the cooking process while retaining a smooth non-stick cooking surface for ease of use.
If you love using non-stick pans but want to cut out those potentially dangerous chemicals, you’ll need to order the best ceramic frying pan in the UK. We’ve lined up ten of the very best in our top-rated selection to help you get started upgrading your cookware.
How We Compared Ceramic Frying Pans
To find the right ceramic frying pans, we considered multiple factors, including:
- Ease of cleaning
- Hob compatibility
Our editorial team carefully researched and selected products that would suit a wide range of needs to take your kitchen experience to the next level. We set out this list after assessing customer reviews and evaluating pros and cons in line with the above comparison points.
Find more about our behind-the-scenes process here.
Ceramic Frying Pan Reviews
The MasterClass Eco Frying Pan is our top choice if looking for a family-sized frying pan with a chemical-free, ceramic-based coating.
Thanks to its 30cm diameter, this large ceramic coated frying pan is a good choice for family-sized portions, plus its high sides allow you to use it as a wok. This frying pan, made from durable, fast-heating aluminium with a flat iron base, can be used on all heat sources, including induction.
Its ceramic-based coating is chemical-free and non-stick, designed to be used with less oil for healthier meals. Oven safe up to 150 degrees C, this pan has a Bakelite ergonomic handle which makes it easier to handle when cooking large meals. Dishwasher-safe, this easy to clean ceramic frying pan.
On the downside, the pan’s handle could be more durable. The non-stick coating could be more resistant to ensure that it lasts longer.
- 30cm aluminium pan
- Ceramic-based coating
- Compatible with all hobs
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe up to 150°C
- The handle could be more durable
- The non-stick coating could last longer
If you are looking for a better quality frying pan but don’t want to spend a lot, the Cambridge frying pan by GreenPan could be what you are looking for.
Designed for your everyday cooking needs, this lightweight aluminium 20cm frying pan is a handy size for quick meals. It features a toxin-free ceramic non-stick Thermolon Infinity coating that is PFAS-free and does not release any toxic fumes when overheated.
The unique magnetic coating on the base enables this frying pan to be used on induction hobs, but it is also compatible with all other hob types. The stay-cool, the soft-touch handle makes sautéing easier while allowing this pan to be used in your oven at temperatures up to 180°C. Dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning, the GreenPan Cambridge is a handy frying pan.
Unfortunately, the ceramic non-stick coating inside this frying pan may be too fragile for regular use, quickly wearing away. This product could improve its handle with rivets to ensure better durability and longevity of use.
- Lightweight 20cm aluminium pan
- Ceramic non-stick Thermolon Infinity coating
- Suitable for all hobs
- Oven-safe up to 180°C
- The non-stick coating may be too fragile
- The handle could be improved
This mini frying pan by Tower measures just 14cm wide, making it our best value choice.
Ideal for single frying items for one person, this miniature frying pan is made from pressed aluminium with a non-stick Cerastone coating. This special coating allows you to use less oil than a stainless steel frying pan. In addition, the pan’s exterior features a graphite marble-effect coating that is sure to complement any kitchen style décor.
This little frying pan is suitable for most hob types, including gas, ceramic and electric hobs. Its ergonomic, soft-touch handle makes it a comfortable grip and easy to control. If you seldom eat fried food and live alone, this could be an ideal addition to your cookware.
Bear in mind that while this mini frying pan is labelled dishwasher-suitable, you may prefer to wash it by hand as recommended by the manufacturer. Also, it’s essential to note that this model may not be a valid option for your kitchen if you own an induction hob.
- Pressed aluminium 14cm frying pan
- Non-stick Cerastone ceramic coating
- Suitable for gas, ceramic and electric hobs
- Marble-effect exterior
- Ergonomic stay-cool handle
- It may prefer hand wash
- May not work on induction hobs
The Blue Diamond 24 is a good all-purpose frying pan that can be used on all hob types, making it our best pick ceramic coated pan for all cooking surfaces.
This 24cm aluminium frying pan is a good size for couples and small families and benefits from a PFAS-free non-stick interior with a ceramic coating, plus a flat forged base. In addition to being suitable for all hob types, this frying pan is also oven-safe at temperatures up to 220 degrees C, making it a good choice for both stove and oven recipes.
This frying pan, designed to be more durable than standard non-stick cookware, can be safely used with metal utensils. The handle is very sturdy (riveted on and made from aluminium), hence the higher than normal oven-safe temperatures.
On the downside, this ceramic non-stick frying pan may not be sufficiently robust or long-lasting for your needs, although it has a two-year warranty. Also, while it is dishwasher-safe, you may prefer to hand wash only to extend its usable lifespan as recommended by the manufacturer.
- 24cm aluminium pan with forged base
- Compatible with all cooking surfaces
- PFAS-free non-stick ceramic coating
- Metal utensil safe
- Oven safe up to 220°C
- The product could improve its non-stick coating
- It may prefer hand wash
Are you looking for a non-stick coated frying pan that will stand out in your kitchen? Try out this copper coloured model by Tower.
At 28cm wide, this non-stick ceramic frying pan is a good kitchen staple for cooking large meals for family and friends. Its non-stick ceramic coating is long-lasting, and it can be used from stove to oven cooking, being oven-safe up to 280 degrees C.
With its distinctive copper-coloured mirror finish, this thick forged aluminium pan also benefits from a bonded steel base, making it compatible with all hob styles, including induction. The riveted stainless steel handle is secure and comfortable to hold, even when sautéing. If you are looking for a ceramic non-stick large frying pan with a difference, this model by Tower makes a good choice.
Unfortunately, while the handle is of good quality, its design means that it may trap water when being washed, so you may need to leave it out at an angle to dry. Despite its fairly durable interior coating, the copper coloured exterior coating may chip is not treated with care.
- 28cm cast aluminium frying pan
- Non-stick ceramic coating
- Copper-coloured mirror finish
- Suitable with all hob types
- Oven safe up to 280°C
- Handles may trap water
- The copper colour exterior may chip
The Easy Cook 1558 Ceramic Frying Pan is a popular choice with its retro black exterior and white ceramic interior. It is also classed as completely dishwasher-safe, making it a top model for easy cleaning.
This 28cm aluminium pan is good for cooking breakfasts and family meals. Apart from its wide dimension, it features a ceramic coating with less oil, plus it is suitable for all hob types, including induction.
Thanks to its soft grip handle, this easy-to-clean ceramic coated frying pan is comfortable to hold. So if you want to try out non-stick ceramic pans and don’t want to spend a lot, this ceramic frying pan is a good size.
On the downside, as this frying pan’s handle only features a single screw, it may be more prone to working loose than double riveted models. Unfortunately, like most normal ceramic non-stick coated frying pans, this model may start to stick after several months of regular use.
- 28cm aluminium frying pan
- Induction base for all hob compatibility
- Ceramic non-stick coating
- Soft grip handle
- The single-screw handle may work loose
- May stick after several months of regular use
If you are looking for some beautifully styled retro pans to show off in your kitchen, you’ll love this two-piece ceramic frying pan set by Swan.
Available in a wide variety of classic colours, including grey, sky blue, pink, cream, black and red, these frying pans certainly look the part. The non-stick ceramic coating is a stylish ivory tone that makes for great photoshoots of your culinary creations, while the retro ribbed exteriors will make beautifully styled backdrops.
Each ceramic cookware set contains a 20cm and 28cm ceramic frying pan, ideal for cooking small and larger dishes. These aluminium ceramic-coated frying pans feature bonded stainless steel bases, making them compatible with all hob types, including induction. Thanks to their stay-cool, soft-touch Bakelite handles, these pans are easy to serve and cook.
Unfortunately, these stylish ceramic frying pans may only be hand washed. While these ceramic pans are nice to look at, bear in mind that they may not stand up to regular use.
- Two-piece set: 20 & 28cm ceramic frying pans
- Ivory non-stick surface
- Ribbed exterior in a choice of colours
- Stay-cool, soft-touch handles
- Bonded stainless steel bases
- May only be hand washed
- It may not stand up to regular use
Are you looking for a mini ceramic frying pan for frying eggs or one-person frittatas? This miniature one egg frying pan by GreenPan is a popular choice.
Thanks to its anti-slip silicone coated handle, this mini pan feels safe and secure in your hand. Measuring just 12.7cm across, it’s perfect for making one fried egg. The ceramic non-stick Thermolon Infinity three-layer coating is toxin-free and helps cook your egg easier.
Oven safe up to 180 degrees C, you could also use this little egg pan for an individual Spanish omelette finished off in the oven. Safe for dishwasher cleaning, this scratch-resistant mini pan is straightforward to clean and compatible with electric, gas, and ceramic hobs.
On the downside, as this aluminium egg pan does not have a steel base, it may not be compatible with induction hobs. This also creates an additional issue – as the base is so light, the handle tends to tip the pan up; care may be needed if you heat your oil before frying your egg, or you may end up with hot oil spilling over your hob.
- 12.7cm egg frying pan
- Thermolon Infinity coating
- Oven-safe up to 180°C
- Non-slip silicone handle
- It may not be induction hob compatible
- The base may not be heavy enough to keep the pan level when empty
This ceramic-coated non-stick frying pan by GreenChef is our best pick for induction hobs thanks to its special magnetic coating on the base, making it compatible with all hob types for even heat distribution.
At 24cm, this frying pan is a good medium size for frying side dishes and main courses. Oven safe up to 220 degrees C, you can also use it for recipes that require a stove to oven cooking. The soft-grip handle is comfortable to hold and boasts high levels of heat resistance when used as a saute pan.
This frying pan features GreenPan’s stain-resistant Thermolon Ceramic non-stick diamond-enhanced coating for easier cooking and cleaning with just a small amount of oil. If you are looking for a medium-sized ceramic non-stick pan that works well with induction, you may want to give this model a go.
As with most similar ceramic cookware sets, the non-stick ceramic coating could be longer-lasting, typically deteriorating after several months. This frying pan is only recommended for low and medium heat cooking. Hence, it may be less suitable for high heat cooking such as searing meat or stir-frying.
- 24cm ceramic-coated aluminium frying pan
- Magneto induction base coating
- Oven safe up to 220°C
- Soft-grip handle
- Thermolon diamond enhanced coating
- The non-stick coating could be more durable
- It may not be suitable for searing
Do you like to start your dishes on the hob and finish them off in the oven? Make sure you look at our top oven-safe ceramic frying pan, the Venice Pro by GreenPan.
This premium ceramic frying pan made from anodised aluminium for extra durability will benefit the user due to its enlarged body with up to 25% more frying surface. At 26cm, it’s a good size for cooking all types of dishes, while its Thermolon Infinity non-stick ceramic coating helps to make for easy flipping and cleaning.
The Venice Pro is compatible with all hob types thanks to Magneto induction base coating, including induction. Moreover, it is also oven-safe at temperatures up to 160 degrees Celsius. Its stainless steel handle is securely riveted to the pan’s body for extra security and durability. So if you are looking for a better-than-average ceramic frying pan, this anodised aluminium saute pan by Green Pan is an improvement on regular pressed aluminium ceramic pans.
Unfortunately, the non-stick coating on this ceramic frying pan may not be as good after several months of regular use. Also, while this ceramic cookware is dishwasher-safe, the manufacturer recommends hand washing only, so you may prefer to clean it by hand.
- 26cm anodised aluminium frying pan
- Oven safe up to 160°C
- Compatible with all hob types
- Magneto induction base coating
- Riveted stainless steel handle
- The non-stick coating may not stand up to frequent use
- May prefer to wash by hand
What Are Ceramic Frying Pans?
You may know a lot about the benefits of ceramic frying pans, or perhaps you’ve just heard a few highlights about how they are free from toxins and safe for use in homes with birds. However, do you know what a ceramic non-stick frying pan is?
Ceramic coated pans, marketed as a healthier alternative to traditional non-stick pans with chemical coatings, are the latest kitchen must-have. However, like many cookware items, they are not always clearly labelled, and their actual composition can vary considerably from one brand to the next.
Ceramic frying pans are metal pans, mostly aluminium, coated with a silicone-based non-stick cooking surface. As silicone can be considered ceramic, these pans have become ceramic non-stick frying pans, or more simply, ceramic frying pans, even though they are very different from traditional ceramic cookware.
Ceramic Cookware vs Ceramic Coated Cookware
Here’s a brief outline of what makes pure ceramic and ceramic-coated cookware so different to eliminate any confusion.
Pure Ceramic Cookware
- A pure ceramic cookware set is made from natural ingredients, including clay, sand and minerals.
- Real ceramic cookware is glazed and then fired in a kiln to make it impervious to water and safe for contact with food.
- Any handles are designed as an integral part of the piece of ceramic cookware.
- Pure ceramic cookware is suitable for oven and microwave cooking. It cannot be used on induction hobs and is generally not used on the hob.
- Pure ceramic cookware is waterproof and can be washed in your dishwasher as it has been vitrified.
- You can use metal utensils with pure ceramic pans.
- If dropped, your solid ceramic cookware is likely to chip or break.
Ceramic Coated Cookware
- Most ceramic pans are made from metal, generally aluminium, and a silicone-based non-stick coating.
- Although some models may have a decorative stoneware effect, they do not feature any actual ceramics.
- You should wash your ceramic frying pans by hand in warm soapy water to protect their non-stick ceramic coating. However, the best ceramic pans may be labelled safe for your dishwasher.
- You can use aluminium ceramic pans on most hob types apart from induction unless it has a special coating on the base or an induction compatible base plate. This can also help to improve heat distribution on other hob types.
- Ceramic cookware is often oven-safe, although you should check the recommended maximum safe temperature. Medium heat is generally fine with the best ceramic cookware sets, although not all handles are compatible with high heat ovens.
- Even the best ceramic frying pans should only be used with wooden utensils to prevent damaging the non-stick ceramic coating. In addition, most ceramic pans are not fully scratch resistant.
- Ceramic frying pans are designed to be a healthier replacement for non-stick pans having fewer chemicals.
What to Look for When Buying Ceramic Coated Pans
Most people decide to update their non-stick pans to non-stick ceramic frying pans after discovering some of the chemicals used in standard non-stick pans.
Before you jump in and hit buy, it’s well worth spending a few minutes reading through our buyer’s guide to make sure that you choose the best ceramic frying pans for your needs.
As stated previously, ceramic frying pans tend to have an aluminium construction. Pressed aluminium is the most common; however, a hard-anodised aluminium body makes for a more durable, stronger pan. You can also find stainless steel ceramic frying pans at a higher price.
Choose the size of your ceramic cookware carefully. If you already have a good-sized model that needs replacing, simply measure its diameter before ordering your new ceramic pans. Here are some of the most popular sizes to help you to choose:
- 10-14cm – mini non-stick ceramic frying pans, suitable for single eggs, individual Spanish omelettes, or other small items.
- 16-20cm – small ceramic frying pans, suitable for cooking small items for one to two persons.
- 24cm – a good all-round ceramic pan size for cooking one ingredient type for one to two persons.
- 26cm – easily accommodates breakfasts, lunches, and pan-fried meats and fish for two.
- 28cm -is a good size ceramic non-stick pan for cooking family meals. You can also cook large items and even fried dishes.
- 30cm – a large ceramic pan suitable for frying large joints of meat (e.g. legs of lamb) and frying items for large family meals and fried breakfasts with multiple items.
As most ceramic frying pans are made from aluminium, it is important to double-check hob compatibility if you own an induction hob. As standard, non-stick ceramic frying pans made from aluminium are not induction compatible, although you can use them on all other hob types. If you have an induction hob, look for ceramic cookware with a special induction coating or base plate.
Look out for dishwasher-safe models if you are too busy to wash your ceramic pans by hand. Moreover, if in case your pan’s non-stick coating starts to fade within the warranty period, you are more likely to be able to request a replacement successfully. However, you need to be mindful of checking the manufacturer’s instructions since even if it says dishwasher-safe, most brands recommend handwash cleaning for the product’s longevity.
While soft-touch Bakelite handles can sound like a good idea, securely double-riveted stainless steel handles will last much longer and are also going to be ovenproof at higher temperatures. Also, check that your handle features a solid design to avoid models that trap water which can be dangerous when heated.
Many ceramic coated frying pans are placed on shelves with a low marketed value. But, as the saying goes, you tend to get what you pay for. Since ceramic coatings are not as durable as other alternatives, you may find that your frying pans need replacing more often.
We still recommend getting a partly good quality non-stick frying pan that you can use for the best part of a year. But if you consider that frying pans are workhorses in the kitchen, and you’ll likely be using yours several times a week, better get a top-notch quality to avoid disappointment. So if you think you can stretch out your wallet some more, it would be excellent to grab a better model.
Your Kitchen Deserves the Best Ceramic Frying Pan
If you can’t get by without a non-stick frying pan, you’ll want to upgrade to a non-stick ceramic frying pan with fewer chemicals for an easy way to cook with lower risks. Are you wondering which is the best ceramic frying pan to try out before committing serious money?
Our editor’s choice, the MasterClass Eco, is the best option. This pan ceramic frying pan has a generous 30cm diameter making it suitable for all your frying needs. It is also compatible with all hob types, including induction, and it is oven safe up to 150 degrees C.
All in all, you won’t find a better aluminium ceramic pan for the money.
Kelly is an expert in consumer product research, which is very important when it comes to finding the most useful and aesthetically pleasing items for your home. This became her passion after finding it very time-consuming to wade through all the product information online.
She has keen attention to detail which she brings to her articles. Kelly’s goal is to help you find what you need without spending too much time searching for it.