Last Updated on
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 9 Best Hob Cleaners
- HG 250ml Thorough Cleaner (Editor’s Choice)
- Bosch Siemens Maintainance Pack (Luxury Choice)
- HG Everyday 500ml (Best Value)
- Astonish Powerful Sparkling (Best Cream)
- Hob Brite Original
- Electrolux 55-EL-18 Vitro Care (Best Professional)
- Ecover 500ml (Best with Plant-Based Ingredients)
- Oven Mate Glass and Ceramic
- Therapy – Cooktop Cleaning Kit (Best Heavy Duty)
Compared to solid plates and gas burners, flat ceramic surfaces are easier to clean. However, the flat easy to clean surfaces are also prone to spills and stains that can get baked on, making them hard to clean out and restore your hob’s shine.
To help you restore and maintain your hob in pristine condition, we have combined a list of the best hob cleaning products that will get the job done. Here are the nine best hob cleaners in the UK stores have to offer. Read on!
How We Compared Hob Cleaners
To find the right hob cleaners, we considered multiple factors, including:
- Application time
Our editorial team carefully researched and selected products that would suit a wide range of needs to take your kitchen experience to the next level. We set out this list after assessing customer reviews and evaluating pros and cons in line with the above comparison points.
Find more about our behind-the-scenes process here.
Hob Cleaner Reviews
Cleaning a hob caked on with grease and food debris. But it’s not rocket science when using the HG hob thorough cleaner. Also, it gets the job done and gives your hob a protective shine.
Moreover, the versatility of this hob cleaner makes it ideal for ceramic hobs, induction hobs, gas hobs and glass hobs. As it effectively removes stubborn grease and calcium grime.
That being said, note that this cleaner should always be used when your hob is not in use. So if you’re looking for an effective hob cleaner, then you should go for the HG hob Thorough Cleaner.
- Ideal for removal of water rings on induction or ceramic hob
- It offers a protective shine and sparkling finish
- It is safe to use
- Can remove the stubborn grease, grime and cooked-on food
- It can be used to remove stubborn marks
- This hob cleaner might not be suitable for cleaning burnt-on food
- It might cause nasal irritation
- The severe stains might still require extra elbow grease
Are you looking for the best induction hob cleaner? If yes, then the Bosch Siemens Maintainance Pack is an excellent choice.
Cleaning your hob with this ceramic hob cleaner kit is a walk in the park. It comes with a 250ml bottle of cleaning solution, a microfibre cloth applicator and a hob scraper tool.
So whether you’re looking forward to removing burnt-on food or grease on stains, this ceramic hob cleaner kit will get the job done. Moreover, minimal elbow grease should be applied when using the hob scraper tool on this cleaning kit.
So if you’re looking forward to bringing your ceramic hobs back to life, then the Bosch Siemens Maintenance Pack should be your go-to option.
However, please note that this may not come with an instruction manual. So if you are new to hob cleaners, it’s best to have someone familiar with them around.
- Suitable for cleaning and maintenance of induction and ceramic hobs
- Features a scraper that lifts off tough burnt-on stains
- Minimal elbow grease is required
- It is practical and easy to use
- It is odourless
- This hob cleaner may lack an instruction manual
- Finding replacement blades for the scraper might be quite challenging
- Some users may find its soft cloth to be of low quality
Are you looking for the best ceramic hob cleaner that can be used for your everyday cleaning needs? If yes, then the HG Hob Cleaner is an outstanding choice. It sits well with all types of induction hobs, cooktops and stovetops.
The HG Hob Cleaner comes in a 500ml spray bottle. That said, it’s worth mentioning that this cleaning solution works effectively on day-to-day grime after cooking. This includes grease, mild scale and cooking liquids. So when using this cleaner, you will be required to apply a generous amount of it on your hob and allow it to rest for a few minutes, then wipe the grime away using a micro-fibre clean cloth.
On the other hand, while it is packed with awesome features, this hob cleaner does not work well with heavy stains.
- Ideal for everyday use
- Minimal effort is required
- It sits well with all types of hobs
- Leaves behind a protective shine and sparkling finish
- It might not be suitable for heavy stains
- some users may find it less effective for their deep cleaning needs
- It might cause allergic reactions and nasal irritation
If you’re looking for the best halogen hob cleaner, then the Astonish Powerful Sparkling is an ideal choice. Not only does it boast of removing stubborn marks, burnt-on spills and dried on food from the hobs, but it also leaves a protective coating that protects your hob from damage caused by future spillages.
Moreover, this Astonish hob cleaner polishes your stovetop, giving it a sparkling shine. Also, it can be used on ceramic induction glass hobs, not to mention microwaves.
That said, it’s important to note that you can also use this antibacterial cleaner to disinfect your hobs by eliminating germs and bugs that are not limited to E.coli, Salmonella, and Listeria.
- Tough on Dirt and Grime
- Leaves Lasting Shine on your hobs
- Leaves Protective Coating after each application
- Kills Bacteria
- Has a Lasting Fresh Scent
- Elbow grease might be required when using this hob cleaner
- It might be less effective on burnt-on stains
- Repeat application may be needed when deep cleaning
The Hob Brite Original takes a top spot on the table for the most popular hob cleaners. Not only does it boast a streak-free shine that works on stubborn burnt-on stains, but it also gives your ceramic hob a protective layer and a sparkling finish.
Moreover, the Hob Brite original is one of the best hob cleaners as it also kills 99% of bacteria on your hob.
That being said, note that you can use this electric hob cleaner on electric, ceramic, halogen and induction hobs to remove boil marks, caked-on grease and food debris.
- Ideal for removing burnt-on food residues
- It can be used on ceramic, electric, halogen, and induction hobs
- It kills 99% of bacteria on your hob
- It builds up a stain-resistant layer after some time of use
- Offers value for money
- Elbow grease might be required when dealing with tough stains
- Some users may not sit well with its scent
- Repeat applications might be required
Next on our best hob cleaner reviews is the Electrolux 55-EL-18 Vitro Care. It is considered the best hob cleaner in the UK for several reasons.
This concentrated cleaning formula takes 6th place in our reviews thanks to excellent and effective cleaning ability. When cleaning with the Electrolux 55-EL-18 Vitro Care, you only require a few drops of it to restore your hob original shine.
Being one of the best ceramic hob cleaners, the Electrolux 55-EL-18 Vitro Care comes in a 250ml bottle that will last you for months. With that in mind, note that this ceramic glass hob cleaner is designed to suit any glass or ceramic hobs. Moreover, it can also be used on any electric or induction hobs.
Furthermore, its blinding polish can make your entire kitchen feel cleaner and brighter. Its ability to cut through stubborn stains, burnt-on messes and grease with minimal effort makes it a go-to option for many shoppers.
On the other hand, please note that it has an acidic smell, which may be bothersome for you.
- Minimal buffing and scraping is required
- It has an impressive shine
- It comes in a 250ml container
- It can be used to deep clean a ceramic hob
- Quickly breaks down caked-on food residue
- It might not sit well with other kitchen surfaces
- The acidic smell may not sit well with some users
If you’re not a fan of ceramic hob cleaners that are made of nasty chemicals, then the Ecover should be your go-to option.
This biodegradable ceramic hob cleaner is tough on stains and gentle on your hands and the environment. Moreover, it doesn’t produce any toxic fumes that may cause nasal irritation, choking or allergy reactions when in use.
The Ecover ceramic hob cleaning solution comes in a 500ml bottle. And you can use it to clean an oven, ceramic hob, glass-ceramic hob, and induction hob.
With that in mind, note that even the most popular hob cleaners are no match for caked-on stains, so you might be required to apply elbow grease when using this cleaning product.
- Removes thick grease and burnt-on food
- Restores the hob surface to its former glory
- Made with Plant-based and biodegradable ingredients
- It comes in a recyclable trigger spray bottle
- It might not be effective on tough stains
- It may lack a protective layer after cleaning
Not only do the best hob cleaners save you time, but also they eliminate stubborn stains that have accumulated on your glass-ceramic hob, and the Oven Mate hob cleaner is no exception.
To get excellent results with this cleaner, you’re required to shake its bottle and apply it to the surface of the hob. Let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe it off using a damp cloth. Remember that the Oven Mate hob cleaner is designed to tackle grime and burnt-on food from your hob.
Furthermore, while this is one of the best hob cleaners in the UK, it has an unpleasant smell, which can be bothersome and can even cause nasal irritation and allergic reactions to others.
- Works effectively
- It can be used on glass, halogen & ceramic hobs
- Restores the hob surface to its former glory
- It comes in a 300ml bottle
- Quickly breaks down tough caked-on food debris
- Some may find its smell to be quite unpleasant
- It may cause nasal irritation and allergic reactions
If you’re shopping for the best glass hob cleaner, then the Therapy – Cooktop Cleaning Kit is one of the best UK stores have to offer. Not only is it the perfect cleaning solution when it comes to battling burnt on food, grease and stains, but it also comes with a scratch-free formula that is specially designed to remove any contaminants from your hobs.
This hob cleaning kit comes with a 16ox cleaning solution and a non-abrasive scrubbing pad. Moreover, the luxurious and pleasant lemon scent of this cleaner leaves your glass or ceramic hobs smelling fresh.
Unfortunately, some users have found it to be less effective than other models. However, if you are looking for something sturdy and cost-effective, this is a good option.
- Easily Removes burnt on food and stains
- Cleans and protects in one easy step
- Scratch-free formula
- It has a pleasant lemon essential oil scent
- It comes with a non-abrasive scrubbing pad
- Some users may find it to be less effective
- Repeat applications may be required
- Its scent might not sit well with some users
What to Consider When Shopping for a Hob Cleaner
Knowing what you’re looking for makes a significant difference when shopping for one, with all these hob cleaner reviews aside. Whether you are looking to give your hob a deep clean or just regular cleaning, here are some factors that you should consider.
Different hob cleaning products will cross your path when shopping for one, from paste to spray, liquids to foams. However, it would help to keep in mind that hob cleaners that come in paste-like form tend to deliver the best results when used on touch-ups and spills.
Spray cleaners tend to sit well with areas that are hard to reach on your hob. Not only are they easy to use but also they work in sync with foams. However, foam cleaners tend to work their magic by dissolving the stains from the hobs.
On the other hand, concentrated liquids should be diluted with water as per their instruction before use.
Chemical Vs Natural Ingredients
When shopping for hob cleaning products, you will realize that they are often categorized into chemical-based and natural-based cleaners.
Chemical-based cleaners typically contain harsh ingredients that may not be pleasant to use. However, they tend to work effectively and give the best results. When using such a solution, ensure to wear appropriate protective wear and take the necessary precautions recommended by the product’s manufacturer.
On the flip side, natural-based hob cleaners are typically made using natural ingredients such as citrus fruits. Moreover, they can also be made using home products such as baking soda. Such ingredients generally are non-toxic and biodegradable. They are also gentle on one’s skin, thus eliminating the need for personal protective wear when using them.
With that being said, note that these two types of cleaners can be used for both regular and deep cleaning.
Different ceramic hob cleaners take different times to get the job done. Some may take approximately 3 to 5 minutes to get the job done. At the same time, others may require to sit for about 30 minutes to give the best results. Moreover, the application time also depends on how unkept your hob is.
Hobs that have caked on and burnt-on foods may require professional cleaning products to get the job done effectively.
Induction Hob Cleaners FAQS
Can I Use White Vinegar and Baking Soda to Clean My Hob?
Yes, you can use vinegar and baking soda to clean your hob. The vinegar and baking soda duo make an excellent natural stove cleaning solution. When using these two, you will be required to sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on the hob, then, using a spray bottle, spray the vinegar and allow the mixture to rest on the hob for approximately 30 minutes.
Then use a non-abrasive sponge to scrub the stovetop and rinse off the baking soda mixture. Moreover, keep in mind that neither a wired brush nor a sponge should be used to clean a ceramic or induction hob with vinegar and baking soda mix.
Hopefully, you will find the best ceramic hob cleaner that suits your cleaning needs. However, we would settle for the HG 250ml Thorough Cleaner if we had to pick the best hob cleaner in the UK from our above reviews.
Not only does it get the job done, but also it gives your hob a protective shine. The versatility of this hob cleaner makes it ideal for ceramic, induction, gas, and halogen hobs. Since it effectively removes stains, calcium grime and caked-on food.
How did you find our editor’s choice? Let us know and share your thoughts below.
Paul is the type of person who never met a problem he couldn’t fix. He can always be found tinkering with something in his house, even if it isn’t broken! His tips and tricks are often shared on our site. He’s the one you call when something breaks because he has been known to improvise fixes for everything from leaky faucets to malfunctioning dryers.