Last Updated on
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Burger Presses
- GWHOLE Non-Stick (Editor’s Choice)
- Mountain Grillers Non Stick (Luxury Choice)
- KitchenCraft Quarter Pounder (Best Value)
- Belmalia 11cm (Best with Paper Sheets)
- Patty Buddy Deluxe Stuffed (Most Versatile)
- Gladworts Quarter Pounder (Most Compact)
- Burger Art Unique 3 in 1 (Best with Recipe Book)
- Weber 6483 (Best Plastic)
- BS Burning Secret (Best 3 in 1)
- Asdirne Stainless Steel (Best Non-Stick)
Are you tired of shop-bought regular burgers? Then it’s time to get in the kitchen and make your own homemade burgers. One of the biggest problems with making your own burgers is creating an even shape that doesn’t fall apart.
Fortunately, a burger press is your best friend for this dilemma as it helps to keep your burger in shape. And in today’s article, we have an abundance of burger presses to choose from, depending on size and ease of use. Continue reading to discover our top picks.
How We Compared Burger Presses
To find the right burger presses we considered multiple factors, including:
- Ease of cleaning
- Size (diameter and height)
- Non-stick surface and included wax papers
- Handle design
Our editorial team carefully researched and selected products that would suit a wide range of needs to take your kitchen experience to the next level. We set out this list after assessing customer reviews and evaluating pros and cons in line with the above comparison points.
Find more about our behind-the-scenes process here.
Burger Press Reviews
This is the best burger press in the UK as it features a non-stick surface, making it easier to move around and remove the burger from the press. Best of all, the interior ridges provide a ribbed surface to create a seared effect once the burger is cooked.
Moreover, this non-stick burger press comes fully apart easily to provide an easy clean. It’s also dishwasher safe, so you needn’t worry about keeping it clean and hygienic. Above all, your purchase includes 100 wax discs to easily release the burger from the press and also make it suitable to use on the barbecue.
On the other hand, this non-stuck burger press might require quite a lot of force to completely press down the burger. Plus, you might encounter that the press’s paint flakes off after several uses.
- Non-stick coating prevents the burger from sticking to the surface
- Interior ridges provide a seared effect when the burger is cooked
- Dishwasher safe and removes apart completely for easy cleaning
- Includes 100 wax discs, so it’s easy to release the burger from the press
- Allows you to control the burger’s thickness
- It might require a lot of hand force to press down the burger
- The paint might flake off after several uses
Consider a hamburger press with an element of luxury with this item. The burger base accommodates burgers up to 1/2 pound, and the indent press on the handle makes the lid easy to remove and unscrew. Thanks to its height, this is one of the best burger presses for adding toppings to your burger patties.
Moreover, enjoy thick and juicy burgers at home the easy way as this burger press comes apart quickly and easily for convenient cleaning. It’s also dishwasher safe. Additionally, your purchase includes 40 wax patty papers to prevent your homemade burgers from sticking to the durable burger press.
However, this burger presser might not be as secure and stable on surfaces as other presses on this list. Additionally, the burger mould might be too big if you prefer smaller burgers.
- Suitable for burgers up to 1/2 pound
- Indent press on the lid makes it easy to remove and unscrew
- Provides enough room to add toppings to your burger patties
- Includes 40 wax patty papers to prevent your perfect burgers from sticking to the base
- Sturdy plastic that doesn’t feel like it’ll break easily
- It might not remain as stable on surfaces as other presses on this list
- It might only be suitable for making large burger patties
Not all of the best burger presses are highly priced. This is one of the best burger presses to enjoy thick and juicy burgers at home.
This burger press makes patties perfectly round, allowing you to impress guests at a barbecue.
Moreover, this plastic press is easy to clean, or you can place it in the dishwasher. One of the biggest complaints of a burger press is that mince sticks to the surface. Fortunately, your purchase includes 100 wax discs that are perfectly sized for the burger press, enabling you to remove your ingredients with ease without any burger meat sticking to the BPA-free plastic.
It’s worth noticing that this press might be too small for those hoping to make thick, large burgers. In addition, the plastic material might feel more flimsy than a stainless steel burger maker press.
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Includes 100 wax discs to prevent your homemade burgers from sticking to the press
- It makes patties perfectly round
- It takes up minimal space in your kitchen cupboards and on countertops
- Easy to use
- Burger press might be too small for some people
- Plastic might feel more flimsy than a stainless steel burger press
Even if your burger press has a non-stick material on the base, it’s always a great choice to have additional paper sheets to prevent the meat from sticking to the beef burger press.
Another smart design of this burger press is that it produces burgers around 11 cm in diameter, allowing you to enjoy a delicious meal.
Designed with heavy-duty aluminium, it remains lightweight and durable. So you can throw it in the kitchen cupboard or drop it on the floor, and it won’t break as easily as a plastic burger press.
Fortunately, the cleaning process is made easy, thanks to the non-stick coating. All the while, you can unscrew the handle to free up space for storage. It’s also heat-resistant up to 280°, so you could even cook your burgers inside of this press.
On the other hand, this hamburger press might not include non-stick paper sheets. Additionally, it might be too shallow for those looking to make a thick, stuffed burger.
- Includes 100 sheets for a non-stick coating
- Makes burgers that are around 11 cm in diameter for juicy burgers
- Made of heavy-duty aluminium for a durable, lightweight finish
- Heat resistant up to 280°
- Handle removes easily, freeing up room in your kitchen cupboards.
- It might not include non-stick patty paper
- It might be too shallow for making a stuffed burger
The Patty Buddy Deluxe Stuffed Burger Press can be considered the most versatile burger press to accommodate all homemade burger needs. In particular, you can use this non-stick burger press to make patties, stuffed burgers, veggie burgers and even mini burgers.
Manufactured with high-quality ABS plastic that’s durable and robust, this non-stick burger press uses BPA-free materials for peace of mind when cooking your burger.
Additionally, this homemade burger press includes 60 supplementary patty papers, allowing you to stack multiple patties and freeze them to eat another day. Plus, these papers allow you to form flat patties without them sticking to the base of the press.
On the other hand, this BPA-free plastic burger press might not be the best option for making thick burgers since it’s a little shorter than some others on this list. It also might create a uniform shape for only small burgers.
- Made with BPA-free ABS plastic
- Accommodates all types of burgers
- Includes patty papers for a non-stick finish
- Includes a recipe book
- Ridge non-stick cooking plates allow your burgers to cook evenly
- It might not be ideal for making thick burgers
- May only capacitate smaller burgers
This burger press, designed from thick, die-cast aluminium, remains durable and aims to last a lifetime. Plus, it’s coated with food-safe material to give you peace of mind and won’t smash should you accidentally drop it on the floor.
Compact and petite, this burger press’s small form makes it convenient for storage and even taking to a friend’s barbecue. The diameter of the burger mould is 12 cm, and it weighs around 280 g. When storing this burger press, you can remove the handle to save even more storage space. In fact, the handle feels comfortable and ergonomic in your hands while you press down your own burgers.
Furthermore, this non-stick burger press is easy to clean and use. With its non-stick materials, you can wipe it clean by hand or stick it in the dishwasher.
However, this burger press might not come with patty papers like some other burger presses on this list. Also, some of the burger ingredients—especially if you like stuffed patties—might fall through as the lid might not fit on as tightly as some other burger presses.
- Made of die-cast aluminium for a long-lasting design
- Small size is convenient for storage and transportation
- The handle is removable for improved storage
- Easy to keep clean and operate
- The handle feels comfortable and ergonomic in your hands
- It might not include patty papers to remove your burger from the press easily
- The lid might not fit on completely tight
Take your burger skills to a new level with this burger press. It includes an eBook to help with culinary creativity. Most impressively, this beef burger maker offers three different functions. This includes a mini burger mould in three different sizes to create the perfect size burger for you.
Making burgers just got easier thanks to its high-quality design. In fact, its removable bottom ensures that your burgers won’t lose their shape while you remove them from the mould and add them to the grill.
Furthermore, designed with a combination of aluminium and plastic, this burger press is durable and lightweight. Best of all, the handle feels comfortable in your hands when you double press it down.
However, this burger press might not have a non-stick base, so you might need to buy patty papers to prevent the burgers from sticking. Additionally, some people might prefer a larger handle to press down the patties.
- Includes a recipe eBook to help with ideas
- Includes a burger patty maker in three different sizes
- The removable bottom prevents the burgers from losing their shape
- The handle feels comfortable in your hands when pressing down the burger
- Suitable for making a stuffed burger
- The base might not be made with a non-stick material
- Some people might prefer a larger handle that you can press down
The benefits of using a plastic burger press are that you can see your veg burgers in the process of pressing them down. It also has a nylon handle with plenty of grips to prevent your hands from slipping while you press down the burger. Plus, you can easily remove the handle for convenient storage and enhanced cleaning.
Since this burger press doesn’t have any grooves in it, it’s super easy to clean, and it’s also dishwasher safe. Best of all, there aren’t any nooks and crannies for your meat patty to stick into, making it super hygienic for next-time use.
On the other hand, this best burger press for non-stick qualities might not be ideal for stuffed burgers. Additionally, it might only create thin burgers, which might not be great for making thick, juicy burgers.
- Transparent design allows you to see your burger’s process while you press it down
- The nylon handle detaches easily for optimal cleaning
- Handle provides plenty of grips to prevent your handles from slipping
- Easy to keep clean and is dishwasher safe
- Meat patty won’t stick to nooks and crannies in this burger press
- It might not be suitable for a thick quarter pounder
- It might not come with non-stick papers
BS 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press comes with different functions: the bottom mould is an important factor for the meat patty, the middle for a stuffed burger and the top for mini patties or sliders.
Furthermore, this large burger press has a non-stick base, enabling you to easily remove your burger patty without creating a mess. Best of all, this makes a great choice as your purchase includes 200 wax patty papers to enable quicker cooking with less fat and save you time when washing up.
The compartments, which are dishwasher-safe and easy to clean, remove to provide easier, more convenient clean-up afterwards.
On the On the other hand, this best burger press for non-stick qualities might not be ideal for stuffed burgers. Additionally, it might only create thin burgers, which might not be great for making thick, juicy burgers. hand, this burger press might not be as non-stick as others on this list. In addition, the plastic material might not be a top pick for durable burger presses like stainless steel.
- Suitable for making stuffed burgers and small patties
- The non-stick base prevents burger patties from sticking to the burger press
- Includes 200 wax patty papers
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- It offers an adjustable thickness
- The base might not be as non-stick as other burger presses on this list
- Plastic material might not be as durable as other materials
This is the best burger press in the UK for non-stick properties. Crafted with a BPA-free plastic, which is a food-grade material, it’s durable and safe to use on food. Best of all, the striped design allows the burger patties to look more presentable and form smoothly, making it easier and quicker to clean this accessory.
Create the best burger you’ve ever had with this burger press! It features an ABS non-slip, detachable handle with a unique groove design that fits your fingers more comfortably, enabling you to form patties easier.
Furthermore, make anything but regular burgers with the free 50 sheets of non-stick wax paper that provides easier cooking and less fat.
This burger press measures 11.5 cm in diameter and has a slot height of 2 cm, and it’s also crafted with stainless steel, which is FDA certified. It’s also quick and easy to clean and is dishwasher safe.
On the other hand, this best burger press for non-stick qualities might not be ideal for stuffed burgers. Additionally, it might only create thin burgers, which might not be great. for making thick, juicy burgers.
- Non-stick material prevents the burgers from sticking to the mould
- BPA-free plastic that’s safe to use around food
- The handle is non-slip, ergonomic and detachable
- Includes 50 sheets of non-stick wax paper
- Crafted with BPA-free plastic and heavy-duty stainless steel
- It might not be great for stuffed burgers
- It might only make thin burgers
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Burger Press
When choosing the best burger press for you, there are several factors that you’ll need to keep in mind, which we highlighted below.
Nobody wants to be scrubbing and cleaning their burger press for a while after making burgers. Therefore, consider a burger press that’s dishwasher friendly and has removable parts, enabling you to clean in all the nooks and crannies.
Best of all, a non-stick surface eliminates any mess in the first place, making the whole process a lot easier.
Thickness and Size
Your burger press should match your burger preference. So if you prefer burgers that are thick and large, consider a burger press that accommodates this. Most importantly, the press you use affects the patty diameter.
The average burger diameter is around four inches, but you can find ones that have a larger diameter. For the most diversity, opt for a burger press with various sizes.
Additionally, the burger press’s handle makes a big impact on the comfort and ergonomics of the press. Considering one with a short handle might look appealing, but it can be tiring to use and press down the patty.
As a result, focus on the grip and length of the handle. And, for the best results, consider a detachable handle that’s convenient to store.
A non-stick base provides the best results for a clean, delicious burger while also offering a quick and easy clean-up afterwards.
Many of the best burger presses will also include free wax patty papers, helping to create a smoother transition when removing the burger from the burger press.
Most importantly, your burger press should use BPA-free, food-grade materials. Consider stainless steel for a durable, high-quality design to achieve the best results. While plastic makes a lightweight, cheaper material, this might not be as long-lasting as other materials. However, we recommend a plastic handle with a ribbed surface for additional texture when pressing down your patties.
The Best Burger Press in the UK
Overall, if we could only recommend one burger press, it’d be the GWHOLE Non-Stick Burger Press. Featuring interior ridges, it created a ribbed surface to add a seared effect once the burger is cooked.
Best of all, with a heavy-duty aluminium structure and a plastic handle, it has a high-quality design while it easily comes apart for convenient cleaning.
Which burger press above most stands out to you? Let us know your favourite(s) in the comments.
Amy is a U.K.-based writer and editor with a penchant for helping consumers find the best home products for their needs, as well as providing easily digestible guides for living better at home. Her dedication to her work means she can usually be found elbow-deep in research or hunting down samples of the latest and greatest on behalf of her readers.
An avid DIYer herself, Amy’s passion lies in teaching others how they too can achieve their dream homes by tackling some of those pesky projects themselves! Whether it’s building furniture from scratch or turning an old dresser into a coffee table, Amy is always happy to share what she knows about making your house feel like home without spending a fortune.