Last Updated on
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Fridge Freezers
- Samsung RB31FDRNDSA (Editor’s Choice)
- Samsung RS50N3513SL (Luxury Choice)
- Cookology UCFF87 (Best Value)
- Bosch KGN34NWEAG (Best Tall)
- Samsung RB29FWRNDBC (Best With Water Dispenser)
- Sharp SJ-BB10IMXL1 (Best With Nanofrost Tech)
- SIA AMZUFF01BL (Best Small)
- CANDY CSC1365BEN (Best Free Standing)
- COMFEE’ RCT124WH1(E) (Best Adjustable)
- Hoover GVN 6182W5K (Best Large)
A fridge freezer is one of the most important appliances in your kitchen. You must have adequate food storage so you can keep perishable and freezable foods in an edible condition. But which fridge freezer is suitable for you? There are many fridge freezers available, ranging from small integrated units to large freestanding fridge freezers. We have hand-picked the best fridge freezer in the UK and nine other excellent examples for your consideration if you are looking for a new unit.
How we Compared Fridge Freezers
To find the right fridge freezers we considered multiple factors, including:
- Integrated fridge freezer or freestanding
- Compartments, shelves, and drawers
- Size of the fridge and freezer sections
- Noise level
- Additional features
- Energy rating
Our editorial team carefully researched and selected products that would suit a wide range of needs to take your kitchen experience to the next level. We set out this list after assessing customer reviews and evaluating pros and cons in line with the above comparison points.
Find more about our behind-the-scenes process here.
Fridge Freezer Reviews
Our pick for the best fridge freezer in the UK is the Samsung RB31FDRNDSA. This unit has a stylish design that would fit with any modern kitchen. It also has a low-noise operation, plenty of storage, and a chilled water dispenser.
This unit has a modern graphite metallic finish that looks fantastic. It is also highly functional with advanced controls. Above the water dispenser, there is a touchscreen display where you can control the settings of the unit.
For food capacity, it has a total size of 308L, which is more than enough for family use. It includes three sizeable freezer drawers at the bottom and four shelves in the fridge section. The door also has several different shelves, including an egg tray.
We also like the no-fuss water dispenser that gives you cold water at a single touch. This unit also has NoFrost technology to remove the need to defrost.
Although this is a great fridge freezer, it could have some small issues. Firstly, reversing the doors may not be the easiest of tasks. Also, the instruction manual may not help due to small diagrams. Finally, you could find that the freezer drawers need a clean when it is first delivered.
- Low noise operation at less than 35 decibels
- Various mode settings including holiday mode for greater efficiency
- Chilled water dispenser
- Ample storage space with a total capacity of 230L fridge and 180L freezer
- Provides even cooling throughout the inside using multi-flow cooling technology
- If you want to reverse the doors you may find this difficult
- You could find the instruction manual unhelpful
- You may need to give the fridge freezer a clean when it arrives
The Samsung RS50N3513SL is one of the best American-style fridge freezers. If you have plenty of space in your kitchen and require plenty of storage, this is a good option. It has a versatile set of features, looks great, and has a large food capacity.
This multi-door fridge freezer has all the storage space you could ever need. It is the best fridge freezer for large families, and its overall capacity is a whopping 501L. The freezer section is at the bottom on both sides of the unit. It includes four large-capacity shelves.
The rest of the space is for fridge items. Both fridge sections have a multitude of shelves, and they can be adjusted to suit your needs. There is also an ice and water dispenser on the left-hand door that doesn’t require any additional plumbing.
We also like the clean steel finish – it gives the fridge freezer a modern look that would be great for contemporary kitchen designs.
This is a great fridge freezer, but it could have some minor issues. For example, you could find that the delivery service is hit and miss. Also, ensure to check the measurements beforehand as this freestanding fridge freezer is quite wide and tall. Finally, some may think that the door shelves could be wider.
- Stylish and minimalistic design in a clean steel finish
- Provides even cooling in the different freezer compartments and fridge
- Handy built-in ice dispenser that takes up minimal space
- Uses an intelligent compressor to automatically alter the power and running speed
- Frost-free design to remove the need to defrost your fridge freezer
- It may not have the best delivery service
- You may find this fridge freezer is larger than expected
- You could find that the fridge door shelves are a little narrow
The Cookology UCFF87 is a simple and effective fridge freezer that is great for kitchens with less available space. It is the best-integrated fridge freezer that should be easy to move into place and install under your kitchen counters, or even inside a cupboard as a closed unit.
This Cookology fridge freezer is a great under-the-counter model. It has an energy rating of A+ and should use approximately 168kwH per year based on average usage. As a result, it is a great energy-saving option, too.
For storage, this model has a modest set of shelves and drawers. The freezer unit has a single section where you could easily fit meats, veg, and ready meals, for example. In the fridge unit, there are two shelves and a bottom fruit drawer. The shelves can easily be removed for cleaning.
It also has a low-noise operation and a minimalistic design that should fit with any decor.
Despite its quality features, this fridge freezer may have some minor problems. You could experience delivery issues, so be explicit about where and when you want it delivered. Also, you could have slight issues if you have an unlevel floor to level the unit. Finally, on occasion, these fridge freezer models have been known to arrive with dents.
- Compact size and should fit under a kitchen counter
- Various fridge and freezer draws and shelves for effective storage
- Has a low noise operation at less than 42 decibels
- A+ energy rating and should use on average 168kwH per year
- Simple and smart design that should fit with any kitchen
- You may find that the delivery service is unreliable
- You could experience issues when trying to level the fridge freezer
- On delivery, you could find that your new fridge freezer has dents
The Bosch KGN34NWEAG is an easy-to-use fridge freezer with an excellent energy rating and a good set of features. If you want something larger with plenty of capacity, this is the best tall fridge freezer with a total capacity of 297L.
For maximum freezer storage, this Bosch fridge freezer uses NoFrost technology. The freezer will prevent the build-up of frost, which gives more space and removes the need to defrost.
For storage, this unit has a total capacity of 297L. The top fridge unit has several adjustable shelves and a decent size fruit drawer. We also like the door storage -it has an egg tray and several other shelves for bottles and milk.
The freezer section also benefits from a large middle drawer. It is perfect for storing larger items like joints of meat or frozen meals. Lastly, this unit also has an energy efficiency score of A++ which should keep your energy bills down.
Whilst this is a decent fridge freezer, you could find that the door storage is limited. Also, as it is so tall, make sure to check your door measurements to ensure it can fit through. Finally, the unit has a decent depth and may therefore limit your kitchen floor space somewhat.
- Frost-free operation due to the NoFrost technology means you won’t have to defrost it
- Utilizes LED lights to provide effective lighting inside the fridge space
- Has a large freezer compartment great for bigger frozen food items
- Has an energy-efficiency rating of A++ to save on energy bills
- Also has a great variety of drawers and shelves
- Some may find that the door storage is limited
- It may struggle to fit through some standard door sizes 014
- You may find that it sticks out and thus limits floor space
Having a fridge compartment with a water dispenser is such a great feature – especially during the summer. As a result, the Samsung RB29FWRNDBC is an excellent choice with its built-in dispenser, which doesn’t require any additional plumbing.
This American-style fridge freezer has plenty of space and is one of the larger models available. There is a host of shelves in the top section that can be configured and a large veg drawer. You could even use one of the shelves as a wine rack if needed.
The freezer compartment also has three dividers with transparent pull-out drawers. It also has a great energy rating due to the digital compressor. This unit will alter the temperature and airflow depending on how much cooling is needed. Plus, it has a brilliant water dispenser. This includes the relevant plumbing, so all you have to do is fill the water tank!
This is an excellent unit with a fast-freeze function, but it could have some small issues. For example, it has a relatively noisy operation. Also, the egg rack has a lid that doesn’t stay open unless you hold it. Finally, you could find the fridge drawers difficult to re-insert if you take them out for cleaning.
- The freezer shelf has an easy-slide hinge mechanism
- Fruit and veg box extends out full for easy storage
- Deep shelves give enough space for drinks bottles and cans etc
- Has a great energy efficiency rating due to the digital inverter compressor
- The filtered water dispenser doesn’t need plumbing to work
- It may not have the quietest of operation
- You could find that the egg compartment lid doesn’t stay open
- The fridge drawers could be tricky to re-insert when cleaned
Defrosting a fridge freezer is a chore. It can cause chaos! This is why the Sharp SJ-BB10IMXL1 is a great product. It utilizes proprietary Nanofrost technology, which prevents a build-up of frost. It means that you should never have to defrost the unit – perfect!
As one of the best fridge freezers, this tall unit uses NanoFrost technology. It saves energy but also eliminates frost build-up to provide maximum space in your freezer. It also uses separate cooling systems for the freezer and fridge. This gives you great control and allows you to keep food fresh easily.
For storage, the fridge has three shelves and a large fruit & veg drawer at the bottom. The top section of the door also has there different shelves with enough space for larger drinks bottles such as cool boxes.
Finally, there are three separate shelves in the freezer with plenty of space for your frozen foods.
We also like the stylish grey design of this smart fridge freezer, and it should fit with most contemporary kitchen styles.
This Sharp smart fridge freezer may not be without its issues, however. For example, if you want to reverse the doors, it may not be the easiest task. Also, you could find that it takes a few days to get to maximum cooling temperature. Finally, it may not have the quietest of operations.
- Uses Nanofrost tech to reduce the need to defrost
- Has a dedicated fruit and veg fridge compartment for effective organization
- The fridge freezer door fits flush and helps save kitchen space
- Has ample storage with a capacity of 336L combined
- Can adjust the door shelves to suit different items like drinks bottles
- It may not be easy to reverse the doors
- The fridge freezer may take a few days to get up to working temperature
- Some may find that this smart fridge freezer is not the quietest
The SIA AMZUFF01BL is a great fridge freezer that is perfect for single people or even as a fridge freezer for a home bar! As the best small fridge freezer, this model will easily fit underneath most standard kitchen worksurfaces.
This compact fridge freezer will comfortably fit underneath a kitchen counter or could potentially be installed in a cupboard. It also has adjustable legs, so you can easily level it on uneven floors.
In terms of capacity, it has a total food storage space of 88L. The freezer capacity is smaller, and there is only one freezer shelf. However, it should be enough to fit items like meat and frozen veg.
At the bottom, there is a sizable fridge section that is perfect for your fresh food needs. It has two shelves and a veg drawer. The door also has several different shelves perfect for storing drinks’ bottles and milk.
This is an excellent integrated fridge freezer, but it may not be perfect. For example, it does not have frost-free technology, so you may have to defrost it over time. Also, it has a limited storage capacity and may not be suitable for larger families.
- Has a simple and effective freestanding under-counter design
- Has a simple black finish with no logo to fit in with any kitchen style
- Also has a decent range of shelves in the compartments and door
- An energy-efficient with a rating of A+
- Has 6 simple temperature settings
- You may have to manually defrost the fridge freezer over time
- Some may not be able to reverse the doors
- It may not be suitable for family usage due to the smaller size
If you want an effective standalone fridge freezer for a garage or your kitchen, the CANDY CSC1365BEN is the best freestanding fridge freezer. It has a sturdy design with adjustable legs and benefits from a sleek black finish that will fit any decor.
In the fridge section, this unit has three removable shelves that can be adjusted to various heights. This gives you greater flexibility to store different foods. It also has a large, transparent veg drawer. We also like that the fridge door has a top section for eggs and small bottles and a larger section at the bottom for milk.
The freezer capacity is also excellent, with multiple shelves for frozen food. It also has an energy efficiency rating of A+ and has a low-energy usage LED bulb.
In terms of overall capacity, the freezer capacity is 62L, and the fridge has a capacity of 111L. It should be more than enough for couples or families with small children. We also like the simple and stylish black design of this smart fridge freezer.
This Candy product is a great item, but it could have some issues. Firstly, it may not have the most advanced temperature controls. Also, it is not a particularly quiet fridge freezer. Finally, you could find that the door compartments are a little narrow for larger bottles.
- Has adjustable fridge shelves for greater flexibility
- Plenty of space in both the fridge and freezer compartments
- Use an internal LED light for effective lighting
- Sleek design with a stylish black finish
- Decent storage capacity with a 111L fridge, and 62L freezer
- It may not have the most sophisticated temperature controls
- You may find that this fridge freezer is quite loud
- Some may find that the door compartments are a little narrow
If you look for one of the best fridge freezers under £300 in the UK, then the COMFEE’ RCT124WH1(E) is the right option to be considered. This versatile unit is easy to adjust to suit different floor levels, has a decent storage capacity and a simple thermostat temperature control.
For effective storage, this model has two removable shelves and a large fruit drawer. The fact that you can remove the shelves also means you can easily store larger food items. It has a separate freezer and fridge compartment, and the temperature can easily be controlled via a simple thermostat.
As one of the best fridge freezers, the door can be reversed easily, depending on how you install it. Also, the door has a top section for cans and small bottoms and a large section at the bottom for milk cartons and larger bottles.
Inside, the unit is lit by an efficient LED bulb which provides excellent visibility. It also has an advanced compressor which means it has a decent energy rating.
This is a durable fridge freezer, but you could have some small problems. For example, although advertised as a quiet operation, it may be louder than expected. Also, it may be smaller in capacity than other larger fridge freezers. Lastly, some may find the style a little dated.
- Has adjustable front legs so you can level it quickly
- Has two removable glass shelves for great food organization
- The fridge freezer door is fully reversible
- Has a spacious 2L bottle rack for drinks storage
- You can easily control the temperature using adjustable thermostats
- You may find that this fridge freezer is not as quiet as advertised
- It may not be suitable for larger families
- The design may not be the most stylish
For larger families, you often require a fridge freezer with ample freezer and fridge capacity. This is why the Hoover GVN 6182W5K is the best large fridge freezer. It has a combined food capacity of 313L which should be more than enough for families with multiple children.
This American-style fridge freezer has a large capacity of 313L. It is split between a separate fridge section and a freezer section. The different compartments feature transparent drawers and shelves, which means you can easily see your stored food.
This model also has frost-free technology for ease of use, which means you should not have to defrost it. This is aided by a no-frost panel at the rear of the freezer section.
For fruit and veg storage, this unit has an XL compartment that is great for keeping food fresh. It also has an XL salad crisper. For visibility, we like the LED light inside, which provides light evenly across all the shelves. Finally, it is also classed as energy rating A+.
This Hoover fridge freezer may not be without its issues, however. For example, you could find that the controls are not the easiest to understand. Also, the shelves in the doors may not be the widest for drinks bottles and milk cartons.
- Has a large 313L combined food capacity
- The doors are fully reversible if required
- Is energy efficient with a rating of A+
- The glass shelves are splash-resistant and easy to clean
- Utilizes no-frost technology
- Some could find that the controls are a little difficult to master
- This may not be the quietest of fridge freezers
- You could find that the shelves in the door are narrow
What To Look For When Buying Fridge Freezers?
You now have a great selection of fridge freezers to choose from for your kitchen. But which is the right fridge freezer for you? Before you make a choice, there are some key considerations to think about. Firstly, where would the unit fit? What available space do you have?
Also, how much food do you typically need to store? These are essential factors that will alter your choice, and the features below should also be considered:
Integrated Fridge Freezer vs Freestanding
There are two main styles of fridge freezer – integrated and freestanding.
Integrated units are typically smaller. These are meant to fit underneath your kitchen work surface in free space or even inside a cupboard. Integrated fridge freezers can fit in better with your kitchen, and you can even hide them from view. However, they often have less storage.
Alternatively, freestanding units are typically taller and full-size. They usually have to sit in a designated area next to your kitchen units. This means that they take up much more space. However, they typically have a far larger freezer capacity and overall capacity.
Before making any purchase, you must be sure of the unit dimensions. We also recommend deciding exactly where you will install the fridge freezer. When you have found a space, you should then measure the available space. You can then check the dimensions to make sure that it will fit properly.
Compartments, Shelves, and Drawers
The configuration of the shelves and drawers inside the fridge freezer is also highly important. Exactly what you require will typically depend on the types of food you have. For example, if you don’t have a lot of frozen foods, you may only need two freezer drawers. Alternatively, if you have a lot of frozen food, you may want a minimum of three freezer drawers.
Some of the best fridge freezers also have two crisper drawers or separate fruit drawers that are ideal if you have a lot of fresh food and fresh fruit. We advise looking at the types of food you have – you can then choose a model with the right configuration of compartments and drawers.
Size of the Fridge and Freezer Sections
Aside from the overall size of the unit, you should also look at freezer space and fridge space. This is typically measured in litres. The product description usually states a combined capacity and lists the individual capacity for both the fridge and freezer sections.
This is vital as it determines how much you can fit inside! If you are replacing an old unit, you could simply look at its capacity and get something similar in size.
It is a common fact that many fridge freezers are noisy. You typically get a constant rum with the occasional rattle or rumbling sound. It can be quite irritating!
As a result, you should look at the noise levels of the fridge freezer. Most fridge freezers state a noise level in decibels. This should give you a clear idea of how quiet they are. Others will utilize special technology to reduce the noise they make.
Aside from the standard compartments, many fridge freezers have additional features. One of the most common features is a water and ice dispenser. You can get fridge freezers that provide ice-cold water on demand, without the need for additional plumbing, for example. Alternatively, some models have ice dispensers that allow you to have ice cubes on demand for your drinks.
Lastly, it is also important to look at the energy rating. Fridge freezers are powered constantly. As a result, they can use a great deal of electricity.
The most energy-efficient appliances typically have an energy rating. You should be able to use this rating to determine how much it will add to your monthly or annual electricity bill.
Ideally, you want the best value fridge freezer that has an energy rating of at least A+. Some models even have an energy rating of A++ which should hardly affect your annual electricity bill.
Fridge Freezer FAQs
How Long Should Fridge Freezers Last?
This obviously depends on the quality and the manufacturer. Also, it depends on your usage and how you maintain it. However, it is common for a new fridge freezer to last for at least ten years.
Should You Repair or Replace a Broken Fridge Freezer?
This depends on a few factors. Firstly, how old is the unit? If it is a new fridge freezer or only a few years old, you may want to repair it. However, if you have had it for 10+ years, for example, it may be time for a replacement. Secondly, is it integrated or freestanding? Integrated fridge freezers should be repaired where possible due to the hassle of removing them from a kitchen unit etc.
What Temperature Should Your Fridge and Freezer Sections Be?
The UK FSA (Food Standards Agency) recommends that a fridge temperature should be between 3-5 degrees Celsius. Alternatively, they recommend a safe freezing temperature of -18 degrees Celsius.
How Often Should You Defrost Your Fridge Freezer?
As a general rule, it is recommended to defrost your unit once per year (unless it is a frost-free model). However, if you find that your unit regularly has a build-up of frost, you may want to defrost it more often and as needed.
Get One for Your Kitchen
We hope you now have a great idea of the different fridge freezers available. As you can see, the best fridge freezers come in many sizes and styles.
Any of the above models would make a great option. However, our pick for the best fridge freezer in the UK is the Samsung RB31FDRNDSA. This standout unit has a large 309L combined capacity and more freezer space than you could ever need. We also like that it has a low-noise operation at 39 decibels and is energy efficient with a rating of A+. The added water dispenser is also a great feature and adds to the overall utility of this freestanding fridge freezer.
Paul is the type of person who never met a problem he couldn’t fix. He can always be found tinkering with something in his house, even if it isn’t broken! His tips and tricks are often shared on our site. He’s the one you call when something breaks because he has been known to improvise fixes for everything from leaky faucets to malfunctioning dryers.