Last Updated on
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Pizza Ovens
- G3 Ferrari G10006 (Editor’s Choice)
- Ooni Karu 12 (Luxury Choice)
- BLAZE BOX (Best Value)
- Ooni Fyra 12 (Best Wood Pellet Oven)
- Ooni Koda 12 (Best Gas Oven Choice)
- Fire Pit (Award)
- La Hacienda (Best For BBQs)
- ROCCBOX Gozney (Best With Accessories)
- UNIONLINE Outdoor Wood (Best With Cover)
- Fresh Grills Steel (Best Multi-Fuel Choice)
Do you have an outdoor space where you’d love to make pizza dough at home? Then you’re in the right place because we have an abundance of the best pizza ovens on the market for delectable results every time while only costing you a few hundred pounds. Ditch takeaways and take price in homemade pizza that will wow guests.
Let’s dive straight into finding out which is the best pizza oven in the UK stores. These outdoor pizza ovens make delectable homemade pizza for perfectly cooked dishes that will wow guests. Let’s take a look at our diverse selection to suit every budget and preference.
How we Compared Pizza Ovens
To find the right pizza ovens we considered multiple factors, including:
- Gas and wood fired
Our editorial team carefully researched and selected products that would suit a wide range of needs to take your kitchen experience to the next level. We set out this list after assessing customer reviews and evaluating pros and cons in line with the above comparison points.
Find more about our behind-the-scenes process here.
Pizza Oven Reviews
The G3 Ferrari G10006 is the best outdoor pizza oven on this list for many reasons.
This pizza oven lets you cook pizza in just five minutes, making it great for an outdoor gathering and your mid-week cravings. Best of all, this pizza oven enhances the natural flavourings and fragrance of your pizza.
It reaches 390°C, which is the ideal temperature for cooking pizza at home so that it tastes like a bought pizza from a pizzeria. And it includes three cooking settings, enabling you to select the temperature from 190°C to 390°C should you prefer to cook at a lower temperature. Plus, the indicator light guides you, so there’s no guessing.
On the other hand, this pizza oven might not cook your pizza evenly due to the variations of temperature between the top and bottom of the shelf.
- It enhances the flavour of the pizza
- Reaches a maximum of 390°C
- Includes three temperature settings with an indicator light
- Features a timer
- Available in black or red
- Might not cook pizza evenly on the top and bottom
- It would help if you remembered to remove the plastic peels on the handle
Impress guests and serve up great pizza in a fraction of the time with this luxury pizza oven!
The Ooni Karu 12 is ideal for outdoor use and features a stainless steel housing to remain durable and retain heat well. Plus, you can heat it with wood or charcoal to experience authentic pizza quality that tastes great.
Within just 15 minutes, this pizza oven heats up to 500 °C and creates a crispy, tasty crust from your raw pizza dough in just one minute. You can even use this hot stone for cooking vegetables, meat and more, making it a great addition to outdoor parties.
Additionally, this pizza oven’s fuel tray has been custom-designed to maximise airflow and produce a powerful flame. Load it up with wood or charcoal, and you won’t need to clean up any ash after use.
However, this portable pizza oven might not cook pizza evenly on the top and bottom of the dough. As a result, you might need to remove the dough halfway through to cook the other side for an even result.
- Reaches 500 °C in just 15 minutes
- Creates a crispy crust
- Portable design that you can take over to a friend’s house
- Easy to maintain with no ash to clean up
- Lightweight at just 26 pounds
- Might not cook dough evenly on both sides without flipping
- It might not be as large as other portable pizza ovens, thus making smaller pizzas
There are several reasons why the Blaze Box is on the list of the best pizza oven in the UK.
This best-budget pizza oven provides exceptional value for the features and quality it offers. It features a 10mm stone pizza oven that helps to provide authentic-style pizza without the cost and hassle of having a permanent pizza oven at home or in the garden. It includes carrying handles to provide a portable design for easy transportation to friends’ houses, making it the best portable pizza oven on our list, too.
This pizza stone includes a magnetic door with a central glass panel to check the pizza’s progress without having to let any heat out. For a small pizza oven, it boasts an impressive temperature range of 50–450°C, allowing you to cook great pizzas at home.
Quick to heat and compatible with other foods (including fish and vegetables), this pizza stone uses convective, radiant and conductive heat to increase the temperature in a short amount of time rapidly.
Alternatively, it’s worth noting that this pizza oven might only make one small pizza due to its petite size. Additionally, the opening might be narrow, making it a tight squeeze to remove your cooked pizza.
- Reaches a maximum temperature of 450°C
- Includes carry handles for convenient portability
- Creates authentic-style pizza in a portable design
- You can check the pizza’s progress through the glass panel
- Heats up quickly
- Might only cook one small pizza at a time
- It might have a narrow opening
Consider this wood-fired oven for great pizza cooked in the comfort of your own home. That’s all thanks to this wood-fired oven reaching 500°C in just 15 minutes for authentic-style pizza in a fraction of the time of a traditional oven.
It includes a pellet hopper that automatically feeds through the hardwood pellets for convenient cooking, providing you more time to relax and enjoy delicious pizza as you’ve never had at home before.
This pizza oven that weighs only 10kg includes foldable legs for convenient transportation and storage, so you can take it anywhere with you or store it away without it taking up much room.
On the other hand, the paint might chip on this wood pellet pizza oven, so you’ll need to remain careful during transportation and use it to prevent any damage. Plus, it might not be available in various colours.
- Heats up to 500°C in just 15 minutes
- Creates delicious pizza
- Only weighs 10kg for a lightweight
- Carbon steel shell provides optimal heat retention for maximum burn time with minimal energy waste
- Automatic pellet hopper
- Paint might chip during transportation, so you’ll need to remain careful
- It might not be available in various colours
This gas pizza oven has so many great qualities to it. In particular, it uses gas power to cook great pizza and reach 500°C in just 15 minutes and prepare pizza in 60 seconds.
Best of all, this gas pizza oven is simple to set up: simply unfold the legs, insert the stone board, connect the appliance to a gas tank and power it on. It includes a gas ignition to prepare pizza, vegetables, fish or meat in a fraction of the time.
Additionally, it’s one of the best gas-powered pizza ovens for efficiency because its powder-coated carbon steel shell provides excellent heat retention to heat the appliance quickly and evenly. Another impressive feature is the Ooni infrared built-in thermometer that informs you of the pizza stone’s exact temperature.
However, this gas-powered oven’s legs might not be as sturdy as other pizza ovens on this list, potentially creating an uneven surface.
- Reaches 500°C in just 15 minutes
- Simple to set up in just a few steps
- Powder-coated carbon steel shell makes it heat the surface evenly
- An efficient way of cooking
- Includes an infrared thermometer for precise measurements
- It might not have as sturdy legs as other pizza ovens
- It might be more difficult to operate for first-time users
This stainless steel pizza oven accommodates 12-inch pizzas, making it great for those with a larger appetite or for serving up pizza at a party.
Its stainless steel oven top provides maximum heat retention and precise temperature control, which means that this pizza oven cooks pizza in a short amount of time without compromising on cost. Most impressively, you can use this pizza oven as a fire pit when you’re not hosting dinner.
It’s worth noting that this oven might not be as portable as others on this list because it’s designed to be sturdy, durable, and not lightweight. Additionally, it might not include a window panel for monitoring your food as it’s being cooked.
- Includes pizza paddle
- Accommodates 12-inch pizza
- Stainless steel material helps with heat retention and efficiency
- Provides even cooking temperature
- It can also be used as a fire pit
- It might be too thick and heavy to be portable
- It might not include a window for monitoring your food’s progress
This is one of the best barbecue top pizza ovens in terms of style and performance. It includes an insulated stainless steel housing for excellent heat retention for good pizza made in a BBQ pizza oven.
It comes with an easy-to-reach temperature gauge for easy cooking and to provide accurate measurements. It rapidly heats up in just 10 minutes (although there’s no information provided about the maximum temperature).
Featuring a removable stone base, you can tailor this pizza oven to suit your preferences while it remains easy to clean. It also includes carry handles for easy transportation and to make it easier and more convenient to use and store. Above all, it’s suitable to use with both gas or charcoal barbecues for all the versatility you need.
Alternatively, this pizza oven might not be suitable for cooking other foods like vegetables and fish as many of the other ovens on this list can. Plus, you might need a separate gas oven or barbecue to use with this topper.
- Includes temperature gauge for accurate measurements
- It comes with carrying handles for convenient portability
- The removable stone base provides easy cleaning
- Heat up to the maximum temperature in just 10 minutes
- Stainless steel finish provides even temperature across the base
- It might not be suitable for cooking other foods
- It might require a gas oven or barbecue for cooking
Treat yourself to an entirely new way of cooking with this pizza oven. It comes with retractable legs making it easier than ever to fold and unfold this portable pizza oven for convenient transportation. So you can take it anywhere or store it in the shed throughout winter.
It cooks pizza in just 60 seconds and reaches a maximum of 500℃ thanks to the 19 mm thick stone floor that cooks pizza from the base up. And the microporous composition removes any moisture from the dough while it breaks. The result? A crispy, delicious crust. Additionally, the thick layers provide insulation to retain heat to cook quicker and more efficiently.
Furthermore, this pizza oven uses innovative flame technology to keep flames further away from your food and reduce burnt toppings while preventing any harsh flames from coming in contact with your food.
On the other hand, this oven’s window might be smaller than some people expect, making it slightly difficult to insert and remove pizza from the oven. In addition, it might not use stainless steel materials, which could impact heat distribution.
- Reaches a maximum of 500℃
- Retractable legs provide convenient storage and transportation
- Cooks pizza in just 60 seconds
- Includes a silicone jacket to remain safe to touch
- Removes moisture from pizza for a crispy crust
- It might be difficult to insert and remove pizza due to the small window
- Might not use stainless steel materials for even heat distribution
Use this outdoor oven all year round as it comes with a handy cover. It’s crafted with high-grade steel to provide thorough heat distribution while it cooks pizza, and the powder-coated finish ensures maximum durability for a corrosion-resistant pizza oven.
It measures 30 x 30cm and can reach around 370°C in 20–30 minutes while heating your pizza evenly for a thoroughly cooked dish.
One of our favourite features of this pizza oven is its portability since it includes two large wheels for transporting it around the garden or taking it to new places. Plus, the thermo-resistant handle protects your hands while it’s cooking.
You’ll also notice that it includes a tray under the log chamber to collect any loose ash for easier maintenance and cleaning. Plus, the easy-to-open front door handles make it simpler to insert and remove pizza.
- Steel finish provides even heat distribution
- Durable, corrosion-resistant material
- Includes two wheels for easier portability
- The tray underneath collects loose ash for easier cleaning
- Handles are heat resistant to protect your hands
- It might not heat up as quickly as other pizza ovens
- It might take not reach as high of a temperature as other pizza ovens
There are so many great qualities that this wood-fired pizza oven has to offer, such as being compatible for use with wood chips, charcoal and chopped wood.
It can reach a maximum temperature of 500° C for tasty stonebaked pizza in just minutes. The built-in thermometer optimises cooking results to result in an evenly heated cooking surface.
The chimney is specifically designed to remove any smoke from you and guests while not disrupting the cooking process. Furthermore, you’ll receive an array of accessories, including a pizza stone base tray, a pizza peel, a chute and a rain cover.
However, this pizza oven might not be suitable for cooking larger than 10 inches. Plus, it might not draw much moisture from the pizza crust, thus not leading to a crispy exterior.
- Reaches a maximum of 500°C
- Compatible for use with wood chips, charcoal and chopped wood
- Includes a thermometer for even temperatures
- It comes with a range of accessories
- Heats the surface evenly
- It might not be suitable for cooking larger than 10 inches
- It might not result in crispy pizza crust
Factors to Consider When Looking for the Best Home Pizza Oven
Not sure which is the best portable pizza oven for you from our selection above? Below are some important factors to consider throughout your buying process to choose the best indoor or outdoor pizza oven.
One of the first, and possibly the most important, factors to consider is the pizza oven’s size based on the pizza sizes you like to make and the amount of space you have available for use and storage. Do you have enough room to store your pizza oven in a garden or outdoor setting? Or do you need to consider a portable pizza oven with retractable legs that you can dismantle for storage?
Gas and Wood Fired
Throughout your buying process, you’ll notice that these are two main power sources: wood-fired ovens and gas-powered ovens. Firstly, wood-fired pizza ovens provide dry heat flames that shorten the time it takes to cook pizzas. But you’ll need to remain cautious of keeping the temperature consistent throughout the cooking process by not opening and closing the door. Additionally, you’ll need to pay attention to get the pizza oven to a maximum temperature before you begin cooking, so you may need to light it up to 30 minutes before use, which might not be ideal for spontaneous cookers.
Alternatively, a gas oven requires a gas burner for its heat source and doesn’t require any pre-heating; heat it up by pressing a button. Best of all, it’ll reach its maximum temperature quickly, and you can adjust the temperature to the degree with precision. On the other hand, you might encounter a strong gas odour during use, so you’ll need to take precautions beforehand (such as informing the neighbours, bringing in your washing, etc.).
Finally, if you’re new to cooking, you might want to consider a pizza oven with an array of accessories. This could include a pizza peel, cover (this is especially important for storing an outdoor pizza oven with ease), wheels for portability, oven brush, and more.
The Best Pizza Oven in the UK
Enjoy outdoor cooking and prepare more than one pizza for you and your guests with the selections of our list of the best pizza oven in the UK. However, if we could only recommend only one oven, it’d be the G3 Ferrari G10006. This pizza oven is compatible with both indoor and outdoor use and includes a timer to assist you.
Do you have any tips for cooking or any additional recommendations? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.