Last Updated on
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Oven Cleaners
- EcoGurus Natural Cleaning Paste (Editor’s Choice)
- Oven Mate Complete Deep Clean Kit (Luxury Choice)
- Astonish Powerful (Best Value)
- HG 138050106 (Best Spray)
- Oven Pride Complete Kit
- Stardrops Pink Stuff Paste
- Amway Gel
- Inspired Heavy Duty Degreaser
- The Dirtbusters Bio
- ZuppFlames Heavy Duty
Oven cleaning products are among the must-have kitchen essentials. They make a tedious and monotonous task easy thanks to their potent formula and easy wipe-off method.
Needless to say, ovens get dirty and cleaning them is inevitable. So, whether you have been procrastinating on cleaning your oven for weeks or months, you need the best oven cleaner that gets the job done.
Whether you prefer an all-natural oven cleaning solution or one that has the industrial strength to tackle tough and stubborn stains, here are the 10 best oven cleaner UK stores have to offer.
Oven Cleaner Reviews
The EcoGurus Natural Cleaner is a fully biodegradable oven cleaning paste that is tough on stains as well as gentle on both the skin and the environment. This cleaner is also suitable for a household with children and pets. Furthermore, it doesn’t produce any toxic fumes that may cause choking or any nasal irritation when in use.
When using the cleaner, you don’t even need to wear any gloves as it’s non-caustic, and it doesn’t cause any burning sensation or skin irritation on your hands. This 250g cleaning paste can be used to clean the hob, barbecue, oven grill, and oven shelves.
Even the best oven cleaners are no match for baked-on stains, so some elbow grease may be required with this one.
- It is made of natural ingredients
- This cleaning product is safe to use around children and pets
- It’s a versatile and efficient cleaner
- The EcoGurus Natural Cleaner doesn’t cause any skin or nasal irritation
- It’s biodegradable and environmentally friendly
- Elbow grease may be required when using it
- Some users may not find it very efficient
- Its scent might be irritating for some users
If you’re looking for an oven cleaner that works within minutes with no scrubbing, then the Oven Mate Complete Deep Clean Kit is an excellent pick. This do-it-all oven cleaner comprises a 500ml bottle of the oven, two ridged scourers, a packet of 50 microwave steam clean wipes, and a bottle of rack cleaning solution. And it also comes with two pairs of long rubber gloves and a gel applicator brush.
From oven trays to glass doors, barbecue racks, to grilling pans, this oven cleaner is efficient, versatile, and easy to use. Additionally, Oven Mate includes a brush in this kit that makes applying the oven cleaning gel on the oven interior an easy task.
- Scrubbing is not required
- It is biodegradable
- The kit comes with two pairs of gloves and a brush
- Complete set
- It can also be used on barbecue racks, Pyrex dishes, and grill pans
- When using this oven mate cleaning product, caution may be required
- The acrid smell may not sit well with some users.
- It may not be suitable to use it on stainless steel, Agas, and enamel.
Are you looking for an oven cleaner that does an excellent job of cleaning the oven? The Astonish Oven & Cookware Cleaner is an ideal pick. Thankfully, due to its less pungent aroma, you can use it without experiencing any nasal irritation.
This oven cleaner is gentle on the hands, so you don’t need to worry about any skin irritation, bleaching, or burning. Despite not being harmful to humans or pets, this biodegradable oven cleaner can kill 99.9% of bacteria within your oven, so you can rest assured that it is doing a good job.
The Astonish Powerful Oven Cookware Cleaner can be used to clean stains and spots on both steel and glass surfaces; however, it may not be as effective on stubborn stains.
- Less pungent, therefore unlikely to cause nasal irritation
- This oven cleaner works well on all ovens, cookware, cooker tops, and pans
- It contains no harmful ingredients
- Great value for money
- It’s an environmentally friendly cleaner
- It may not be as effective on tougher and stubborn stains
- Its cleaner component dries out faster
- Elbow grease may be required when using it
Cleaning an oven that is caked with food and grease is with no doubt a tedious task. But when using the HG oven, grill & barbecue cleaner, it’s not rocket science. This cleaner takes approximately three to five minutes to get the job done. All that is required is to spray the cleaner on the oven surface and let it rest for the required amount of time. Then use a clean, damp sponge to wipe it off from the oven, and the grease, grime, and burnt-on food will come away with it.
We think that the best oven cleaners come in an easy spraying bottle for easy application; this one even has a rotating safety catch at the nozzle that prevents it from being sprayed accidentally. While using it, it’s advisable to wear some personal protective equipment since the cleaner has a chemical burn warning.
- It takes three to five minutes to work
- Minimal effort is required when using this cleaner
- It is an efficient and versatile oven cleaner
- This oven cleaner has a rotating safety catch at the nozzle of the bottle
- It also works as a barbeque and grill cleaner
- The instructions of the cleaner may not mention the use of protective wear
- Repeat applications may be required
- It may not be as effective on burnt-on grease
Cleaning an oven with Oven Pride Complete Oven Cleaning Kit is child’s play. It comes with a 500ml bottle of cleaning solution, a spongy applicator clear plastic rack bag, and a pair of thin rubber gloves.
When using this oven cleaner, scrubbing is not necessarily needed. The oven racks and grills are conveniently cleaned using the clear plastic rack bag that allows this formula-free cleaner to work effectively without the need for an extra scrub in the sink.
As the effectiveness of this oven cleaner lies in its acrid chemical formula, always wear protective gloves when using it. Furthermore, you will need to apply this oven cleaning paste by hand and leave it to soak overnight for the best results.
Due to the nature of this cleaner, it is less suitable for surfaces such as the oven door, for which you may need to get an additional cleaner.
- This oven cleaning product works well with both oven grills and racks
- It is not as messy as other options
- The clear plastic rack bag seals securely
- It is an effective scrub-free oven cleaner
- This cleaning kit comes with a pair of rubber gloves and a sponge applicator
- It may not be suitable for cleaning the oven door
- This cleaner may cause serve skin burns
- It may not be eco-friendly
The Stardrops Pink Stuff Paste is an effective cleaning paste that can be used to clean your oven. It’s mildly abrasive and works well in removing oven grime, rust, and discolouration from metals. The pink stuff can be applied easily to your oven using a cloth of your choice.
This oven cleaning paste can also be used to clean oven glass doors, oven racks, and the hob. It contains non-hazardous and fume-free materials. Additionally, it has a pleasant smell, so there’s no need to worry about any nasal irritations. On the flip side, gloves may be required when using this oven cleaner since this might not be that gentle to your skin.
- It is effective in removing dirt and grime from the oven
- The pink stuff paste boasts efficiency, effectiveness, and versatility
- It’s an ecofriendly paste that is non-hazardous and non-toxic
- Ideal for tackling tough stains, but it’s gentle on surfaces
- Helps in removing rust and discolouration from metal surfaces
- It might be messy when being used
- This oven cleaning paste may not be suitable for plastic or stainless-steel surfaces
- Some users may find other options more effective
The Amway Gel Oven Cleaner is a gel-based oven cleaner with high viscosity. It’s non-abrasive and can be used to clean oven interiors, oven grills, and racks. To get the best results, use the brush applicator that comes with it to apply the gel evenly on the oven surface and let it rest for a while, then use a clean damp cloth to wipe it off.
While it may not cause any nasal or skin irritations, it’s advisable to wear gloves when using this oven cleaner since you may experience a tingling burning sensation on your skin. The Amway Gel oven cleaner is a potent mixture where elbow grease and scrubbing off shouldn’t be required, and you can simply wipe clean the surface after application.
- It has doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals that may cause choking or nasal irritations
- It can be applied easily
- Scraping and scrubbing off is not required
- It can be used on a range of surfaces
- It doesn’t cause any discolouration
- Its thick consistency may make it difficult to spread
- Some users may find it less effective in dissolving fats
- It may contain mild harsh fumes
The Inspired Heavy-Duty Degreaser is an exceptionally powerful cleaner that will help in removing even the most caked-on kitchen fats and grease in your oven. It comes in a 1-litre bottle that has a trigger spray included, and we think it is the best degreaser UK customers could find.
This oven cleaner can be used to clean ovens, hobs, oven trays, and grills. This oven cleaning product can be diluted in a ratio of 10:1 for daily use. Or you can use it neatly for heavy grease. When using it, you may require a pair of protective clothing such as gloves since it’s heavily concentrated and can cause irritation.
- It comes in a convenient spray bottle
- It can be used daily
- Effective and versatile
- Works well with most surfaces
- It can be used on hobs, ovens, oven trays, and oven grills
- Some users may find it less suitable for the oven door
- May cause skin irritation
- Protective wear may be required while using it
Are you looking for a non–caustic, fume-free oven cleaner? If yes, then the Dirtbusters Bio Oven Cleaner is your go-to option. Since it’s eco-friendly, biodegradable, and it doesn’t release unpleasant odours when in use, you can use this on most surfaces for some easy cleaning.
The Dirtbusters Bio Oven Cleaner can be used in the oven, hobs, and even extractors, so you don’t need multiple cleaners in your kitchen cupboards. This non-caustic professional oven cleaner contains microbes that cut through the carbon for easy removal. It’s also safe to use without a pair of protective gloves since it’s safe on the skin.
Sometimes the natural formulas aren’t as strong; therefore, this one may require a little extra elbow grease when tackling stubborn stains.
- It is used for professional oven cleaning
- This oven cleaner does don’t emit fumes nor odour when in use
- It can be used as a hob cleaner
- Safe for use around children and pets
- It’s versatile and efficient
- It may not work well with stubborn stains
- Some users might find the scent irritating
- Elbow grease might be required when using it
The best oven cleaners on the market not only saves you time but also helps eliminate the stubborn stains that have accumulated on your grill and the ZuppFlames BBQ, Grill & Oven Cleaner is no exception.
To get the best results when using this oven cleaner, all you need to do is shake the can, spray it inside the oven, and let it rest for a few minutes. If the grime has caked on in layers, let it rest for a little longer period. Then, use a clean damp cloth to wipe it off, and your oven is sparkling clean!
The ZuppFlames BBQ, Grill & Oven Cleaner is specially formulated to tackle stains, stubborn grease, and burnt-on food from grills, barbecues, and ovens.
Due to its potent formula, you must be careful when using this cleaner as it can cause some skin irritation. Not only that, it has quite a strong smell that may be unpleasant to some.
- It’s able to clean off baked-on food, grease and carbon
- no scrapping nor harsh scrubbing is required
- It comes in the form of a liquid that is easy to use
- This cleaning product also works well as a BBQ and grill cleaner
- It doesn’t cause any discolouration to your oven’s interior
- It may cause severe skin burns
- Eye protection and gloves may be required when using this oven cleaner
- The smell may not sit well with some users
What to Look For in an Oven Cleaner
With all of these oven cleaner reviews aside, they don’t mean much if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Whether you are looking to give your oven a deep clean or not, here are some of the factors you should consider before buying an oven cleaner.
Pastes, sprays, liquid concentrates, and foams are the different types of oven cleaning products that you will come across when shopping. Oven cleaners in paste form yield the best results when used on minor touch-ups and spills.
Spray oven cleaners are ideal for inaccessible areas that are hard to reach. They are not only easy to use but also work in tandem with foams. However, foams can work on their own by dissolving stains from ovens.
Liquid concentrates are ideal for cleaning large-scale areas, and they should be diluted with water before use.
At the end of the day, cleaning ovens is not the most fun of chores. Therefore, you need something that is going to be easy to apply and is effective in removing anything from light stains to burnt-on food. What’s more, you don’t want a ton of cleaning products under your kitchen sink, so choose something that does it all.
Chemical Vs Natural Ingredients
Oven cleaning products are often categorized into two groups, chemical-based oven cleaners and natural-based cleaners.
Chemical-based oven cleaners contain ingredients that are not so pleasant to use. However, when used efficiently, they tend to work effectively and give the best results. When using such oven cleaners, always ensure that you have worn the appropriate protective wear and taken the necessary precautions to avoid risks such as skin burn or any nasal irritation.
Natural-based oven cleaners are commonly made of natural ingredients such as citrus fruits or household products such as baking powder. Such ingredients are biodegradable and non-toxic. They are also known to be gentle on the skin, and they may not require any personal protective wear when using them. Natural-based oven cleaners are also children and pet-friendly.
With that being said, it’s important to note that both chemical and natural based oven cleaners can be used for professional oven cleaning.
Different oven cleaners take different times to get the job done. While some may take as little as three to five minutes, other oven cleaners may need to be left to soak overnight to work effectively and give the best results. However, at times it also depends on how un-kept your oven is.
Ovens that have layers of grease stains, baked-on, and burnt food may require professional oven cleaning products to get the job done.
Hopefully, you will find the best oven cleaning products that suit your preference. However, if we had to pick the best oven cleaner from our above reviews, then we would settle for the EcoGurus Natural Cleaning Paste as it doesn’t cause any skin or nasal irritation.
This biodegradable oven cleaner is suitable for households with children and pets. It’s a versatile cleaning paste that works well with both hobs and ovens. The EcoGurus Natural Cleaning Paste uses micro-active technology to tackle tough stains in your oven, leaving it sparkling clean.