Last Updated on
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Multi Cookers
- Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 (Editor’s Choice)
- Ninja Foodi Mini (Luxury Choice)
- Wahl ZX916 James Martin (Best Value)
- Drew & Cole CleverChef 14-in-1 Intelligent Digital (Best 14-in-1)
- Yum Asia Panda Mini (Best Small Choice)
- Crock-Pot Express (5.6L Choice)
- Tefal RK302E15 Multicook 8-in-1 (Best with Carrying Handle)
- Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1 (Best with Multiple Pre-Sets)
- Tefal CY505E40 All-in-One (All-in-One Choice)
- Amazon Basics 23 in 1 (Best with Recipe Book)
Multi-cookers are convenient kitchen machines with outstanding versatility, from helping you declutter your kitchen to preparing tasty meals with a single cooking appliance. So whether you have a busy schedule or you’re looking forward to cooking for your family or friends, the best multi-cooker will not only save you time but also allows you to prepare delicious and healthy meals.
Furthermore, the majority of the best multi-cookers are electric cookers. And they come with handy functions such as temperature control, keep warm functions, multi-cooking options, and more.
In this article, we are going to be reviewing the list of the best multi-cooker in the UK. But first, let’s take a look at the difference between Slow Cookers, Pressure Cookers, and Multi-cookers.
How We Compared Multi Cookers
To find the right multi cookers we considered multiple factors, including:
- Preset programmes
- Cooking capacity
- Ease of cleaning
- Temperature and pressure ranges
Our editorial team carefully researched and selected products that would suit a wide range of needs to take your kitchen experience to the next level. We set out this list after assessing customer reviews and evaluating pros and cons in line with the above comparison points.
Find more about our behind-the-scenes process here.
Multi Cooker Reviews
If you’re looking for a multi-cooker that can help declutter your kitchen, then the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 multi-Cooker is a solid option. Not only is it durable and convenient, but also, it’s a versatile stand-alone cooking appliance that can replace seven individual appliances in your kitchen.
This multi-cooker works well as a pressure cooker, rice cooker, yoghurt maker, food warmer, slow cooker, sauté pan, and steamer. Additionally, it boasts a 5.7L capacity, a large touch control panel, 13-one smart touch programs, and an auto warm function. And three temperature settings for sautéing and slow cooking.
Furthermore, the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 multi-Cooker comes with a stainless-steel cooking bowl, steam rack, recipe book, soup spoon, spatula, and a user manual. That being said, please note that both the stainless-steel three-ply bowl and steam rack are easy to clean.
- Has 13 one-touch smart programs to revolutionize cooking
- It comes with a 3-ply brushed stainless steel bowl and steaming rack
- It has an auto keep-warm function to ensure hot food is served
- It offers a variety of recipes
- It has a large capacity of 5.7-litres
- American measurements on the recipe book may not sit well with every household
- It may take some time to reach pressure compared to other multi-cookers
- It might be quite heavy for some users
The Ninja Foodi Mini Multi-Cooker is one of the best multi-cookers UK stores have to offer!
It comes with a variety of cooking settings, from grilling meat to cooking vegetables and rice. Plus, the cooking pot has a capacity of 6-litres and a crisp basket that can hold up to 3.6L.
Moreover, the one-pot meal feature on this appliance allows one to cook meat portions on the top rack while using the bottom rack for cooking vegetables at the same time. Well, the Ninja Foodi Mini multi-cooker is the true definition of a time-saving cooking appliance.
Additionally, the air fryer function on this appliance provides healthy meals as this method helps retain the nutrients of the food during the cooking process.
Last but not least, the Ninja Foodi Mini Multi-Cooker accessories are coated with a special non-stick ceramic that makes them easy to clean, as they are both hand and dishwasher-friendly.
- Has a wide range of specialized cookbooks available
- It comes with a removable non-stick inner pot and a crisp basket
- The air fry function provides healthy meals
- It can be used to prepare one-pot meals thanks to its capacity
- It cooks 70% faster when compared to other traditional cooking methods
- Some users might find its design to be too bulky
- It may require a lot of storage space
- The recipe selection might be quite sparse
Are you looking for a simple multi-cooker that gets the job done? If yes, then the Wahl ZX916 James Martin multi cooker is a solid option!
Not only does this multi-cooker come with six-pre set options that include cooking rice, sautéing, steaming, and stewing, but also it has an easy-to-use LED Smart control panel with an adjustable cooking timer, keep warm function, and a 24-hour delay timer.
With a 4-litre capacity cooking pot, this multi-cooker is ideal for small families, and it’s compact enough for easy storage. Additionally, this multi-cooker is easy to clean since its removable non-stick cooking pot is both dishwasher and hand wash friendly.
Moreover, you will be pleased to know that this multi-cooker comes with a James Martin recipe booklet, steaming tray, and a measuring cup. On the flip side, this cooking appliance may lack a pressure cooking function.
- It comes with a James Martin recipe booklet
- It has an easy to clean removable non-stick inner bowl and dishwasher safe parts
- It is equipped with an LED Smart control feature and a 24-hour delay adjustable timer
- It can be stored thanks easily due to its compact size
- It has a 4L capacity that is ideal for small-sized households
- The Wahl James martin multi cooker may lack a pressure-cooking function
- Some users might find its cooking time to be a bit longer
- The locking lid might be quite challenging to clean
If you’re looking for a multi-cooker that seamlessly integrates into your lifestyle, then the Drew & Cole CCMC01 CleverChef 14-in-1 multi-cooker is your to-go option! Not only does it boast a sleek design, but also it comes with multiple functions and intuitive controls.
This intelligent digital multi-cooker comes with 17 pre-programmed settings. And a 5-litre capacity that is more than enough for batch cooking or roasting a whole chicken. It also comes with Flavour Lock technology that ensures your meals don’t dry out while still maintaining their flavours and aroma. This technology comes in handy, especially when baking, as baked items come out moist and tasty.
Furthermore, the Drew & Cole CCMC01 CleverChef Multi-Cooker comes with a removable inner pot and a steam tray. Also, it’s available in a wide range of colours that can sit well with different users.
- It comes with 17 pre-set easy to use cooking functions
- It comes with a large capacity that allows one to roast a whole chicken comfortably
- The removable non-stick cooking pot is hand washable and dishwasher-safe
- It comes with flavour-lock technology for nutrients and moisture preservation
- It can be used to slow cook
- The user manual might be complicated for some users
- The pot sensor may become faulty after time
- May not withstand the test of time
The Yum Asia Panda multi-cooker is the best small multi-cooker that is also easy to use, and it’s also great at cooking rice!
This multi-cooker comes with other different functions that include slow cooking, steaming, and baking. Additionally, it has a 24-hour pre-set timer, a keep-warm function, and a 10-minute count down for rice functions.
This multi-cooker comes with an instructional manual, steaming basket, souple ladle, a rice measuring cup, and rice spatula. The capacity of this multi-cooker makes it ideal for a small kitchen setting since the inner bowl has a capacity of just 0.63 litres.
On the flip side, the Yum Asia Panda multi-cooker pot insert is not dishwasher safe. And neither does it cook any of the recipes quicker than traditional cooking methods.
- It comes with a 5-layer high-quality ninja ceramic coated inner bowl
- It features a digitally controlled seven phased 3D heating surround technology
- It has four multi cooker setting options with an LED display
- It comes with a 24-hour smart timer function
- It comes with a rice measuring cup, a rice spatula and a soup ladle
- Some users may find its capacity too small
- Cleaning it might be quite a task as it lacks safe dishwasher parts
- Food debris may stick around the lid, causing a foul smell
Multi-functional and easy-to-use are words that best describe the Crock-Pot Express CSC051 multi cooker. This Crock-Pot multi-cooker sits well with those looking for a medium-sized yet versatile cooker to quickly cook food.
With a 12-in-1 design, this multi-cooker can be used to pressure cook, slow cook, steam vegetables, and brown or sauté meat. Additionally, with its eight one-touch programs, this multi-cooker from the Crock-pot family boasts of a manual cook mode and an automatic keep-warm function, too.
Furthermore, the pot insert can be removed easily. It also has a non-stick coating that helps prevent stuck-on messes. Both the top and side handles of the pot make it easy to carry, even if it’s full. Also, this multi-functional cooker comes with a steaming rack, stirring spoon, and a recipe booklet.
On the flip side, the non-sticking coat on the pots’ insert may flake over time. And this multi-cooker may require a lot of countertop space when compared to its counterparts.
- It comes with an optional manual feature and a delay timer
- It has a non-stick removable bowl that helps prevent stuck-on messes.
- It comes with an automatic keep-warm function
- It can be carried thanks to its convenient handles easily
- It comes with eight one-touch meal variety functions
- Some users may find the control panel to be complicated
- It may not sit well with compact kitchens
- The non-stick coating might not withstand the test of time
Style-conscious and simple to use are terms that best describe the Tefal RK302E15 8-in-1 Multi-cooker.
There is no wonder that this cooker is included in our list of the best multi-cooker in the UK. This kitchen equipment from Tefal comes with two cooking functions for slow cooking and steaming. Plus, six additional programmed modes for recipes such as rice, soup, and cake. Also, it has an automatic keep-warm function and a delayed start function.
This stainless-steel multi-cooker comes with an accessible digital display that is easy to use. Also, it has a removable non-stick bowl, steam basket, rice spoon, and measuring cup that is easy to clean since they are dishwasher friendly. The carrying handle of this cooker allows it to be moved around easily as well as storing it.
It’s noteworthy to mention that the Tefal RK302E15 8-in-1 multi-cooker is neither hob nor oven safe. Also, the lid makes it difficult to monitor the cooking progress since it’s fully opaque.
- It comes with an automatic keep warm and delayed start feature
- It has an 8-in-1 function that offers a variety of cooking options
- It is easy to clean
- It comes with easy-to-use intuitive controls
- The carrying handle makes movement easy for the user
- The power plug may not be compatible with some sockets
- Leakage may be experienced due to condensed steam as the lid can’t sustain water above the maximum line
- The non-stick coating on the pot may peel off after some time
The Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1, 5.7L Electric Pressure Cooker takes you from dinner to dessert with the touch of a button. So whether you are looking forward to a delicious homemade casserole, steamed veggies, or the perfect moist cake, then this is one of the best multi-cooker that will get the job done.
Not only can it be used as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, yoghurt maker, sous vide, stockpot, cake maker, sauté, and food warmer, but it is also easy to use and clean. This versatile and convenient multi-cooker comes with a capacity of 5.7 litres that is ideal for batch cooking. Also, it can make meals 70% faster when compared to other traditional cooking methods.
Did we mention that it comes with 48 pre-set functions? These functions make cooking meals as easy as pie. Additionally, it has a progress indicator on the LED display that indicates the cooking progress of your dishes. It also has a pressure cooker lid that seals when it’s in place. All you need to do is place it appropriately, wait for the jingle sound, and then let the cooker do the work for you.
The inner pot of this multi-cooker can be used on all hobs, including induction grills, and the easy-grip, non-slip handles on the removable cooking pot allow you to move it between appliances effortlessly. The cooking pot is also dishwasher friendly, so cleaning it is a breeze.
- It comes with an easy-to-use digital display
- Easy to clean and safe dishwasher parts
- Has an automatic pressure and temperature control functions
- Quick cool technology offers rapid cooking of up to 70% faster than other cookware, saving time
- It comes with 48 customizable pre-set options
- The stainless steel inner pot may discolour after some time
- Leakage may be experienced from the side of the lid
- The dial may be quite confusing for a new user
If you’re looking for a multi-cooker that comes with advanced control settings and a large capacity, then the Tefal CY505E40 All-in-One multi-cooker is an excellent choice. It comes with several accessories, but easy-to-use controls make using it simple and convenient.
Not only does this multi-cooker boast a large LED display with 25 pre-set cooking functions. But also, it has an adjustable cooking timer and temperature setting. Furthermore, it has a 24-hour daily timer and a keep-warm function.
Also, it has a pressure relief button that is built into the hinged lid of the cooker. This button is used to enhance safety and prevent potential messes when cooking. And the large handles on the sides help with lifting and maneuvering.
This all-in-one multi-cooker comes with a recipe book, trivet, measuring cup, and steam basket. That being said, it’s noteworthy to mention that all these accessories are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
However, keep in mind that the lid is not detachable, and it must be hinged on properly for the cooker to function appropriately.
- It features a hinged ergonomic lid
- It comes with three-temperature pressure cooking level modes
- It contains a recipe for every 25 one-touch programmes at your command for a range of dishes
- It comes with an independent pressure relief button
- Easy to clean and safe dishwasher parts
- The non-stick coating might not withstand the test of time
- Some users might find the control panel to be somehow complicated
- The lid may be prone to leakage after some time
The Amazon Basics 23 in 1 Multi-Purpose Electric Steamer and Pressure Cooker is one of the best multi-cookers UK stores have to offer. Not only does it have a large capacity, but also it comes with 15 pre-set menu options.
These options allow you to cook meat, poultry, vegetables, beans, broth, curry, soup, white rice, brown rice, multigrain, congee, chili, and even slow cook food.
Furthermore, its cooking pot has a large capacity of 5.5 litres that offers a useful size for batch cooking or everyday use for your household. It comes with an easy-to-use control panel with an LED display that features a pressure indicator, 24-hour delay timer, auto keep-warm function, and a manual mode.
The housing of this multi-cooker is made with high-quality stainless steel that is CE, ULC and UL certified with ten proven safety mechanisms. Also, this multi cooker comes with a PDF cookbook for all the inspiration you could need. However, the cookbook may not have well-detailed recipes.
- It is easy to clean and reassemble
- It features an easy to control panel with an LED display
- It comes with 15 pre-set modes and a manual mode
- It has a PDF cookbook with a wide variety of recipes
- It comes with a brushed stainless-steel housing that is cool to touch
- Some users might find this slow cooker to be too complicated
- Purchasing a spare inner bowl might be difficult
- The recipe book may lack enough information for a new user
What to Look for in a Multi Cooker
It’s with no doubt that the popularity of the best multi-cookers has grown rapidly over the decade. Not only does this kitchen appliance save you a lot of time in the kitchen, but it also cooks delicious meals. However, here are a few things you should consider when shopping for one.
Multi-cookers come with different functions for cooking foods differently. While some will allow you to cook delicious one-pot meals, others are capable of cooking an entire roast dinner. But when shopping for one, here are some of the functions that you should look out for.
However, some multi-cookers may come with extra functions such as baking and steaming. It’s noteworthy to mention that the best multi-cookers can be used either as a pressure cooker or slow cooker. These functions allow them to fit in any lifestyle.
When shopping for a multi-cooker, it’s always important to look out for the inbuilt programs that it comes with. Since different multi-cookers have different inbuilt programs, these pre-programmed settings will lend you a hand when cooking.
Also, they will save you a lot of trial and error on various recipes. Since you will only be required to follow the recipe cards and press start, your cooker will do the rest.
Furthermore, it’s advisable to settle for a multi-cooker with various one-touch options to help minimize the time spent in the kitchen.
Cooking capacity is one of the most important factors to consider when shopping for a multi-cooker. Always keep in mind that the capacity is the maximum amount of food a multi cooker can hold.
It’s always advisable to consider the amount of food you will be cooking in your household. If you have a small family, then a 3L or a 4L multi-cooker should be more than sufficient. For larger families, it’s best to settle for a 5.7L multi-cooker and above since you will be able to batch cook comfortably.
Ease of Cleaning
It’s always important to consider the ease of cleaning any kitchen appliance. Well, when it comes to multi-cookers, some have safe dishwasher components while others don’t.
Always ensure that you settle for one that suits your cleaning routine. And ensure to refer back to the manufacturer’s manual before throwing everything inside the dishwasher. Also, consider checking if the multi-cookers pot insert has a non-stick coating or not.
Temperature and Pressure Ranges
Different methods require you to choose the temperature, which determines the cooking time when it comes to cooking. However, when it comes to pressure cooking, you have to choose pressure and this, in turn, determines the temperature and hence the cooking time.
This basically means that when using a multi-cooker to pressure cook, it’s important to understand the relationship between pressure and temperature since this will help you adjust both the temperature and pressure functions accordingly.
It’s noteworthy to mention that increasing the level of pressure in a multi-cooker automatically increases the temperature. And this speeds up the cooking duration, but this may compromise the flavour and texture of delicate foods.
What Is The Difference Between Slow Cooker, Pressure Cooker, and Multi-Cooker?
With the wide variety of kitchen appliances on the market, it’s helpful to know the difference between these three similar but different cooking appliances.
Also known as crock-pots, this kitchen appliance is used to slow cook or simmer various dishes in relatively low temperatures. Its often used to prepare briskets, stews, or any other food of your choice.
A pressure cooker speeds up the cooking process by sealing the ingredients and liquid in a pot. It then uses the trapped steam to quickly raise both the pressure and temperature. This, in turn, cooks food quickly.
Once the food is cooked perfectly, the steam can be released using a small valve, allowing you to open the sealed pressure cooker. Pressure cooking is a great way of preparing meals that normally have a long cooking duration.
The best multi-cooker is an all-in-one kitchen appliance that combines multiple functions of several cooking appliances in one device. Such appliances include a yoghurt maker, rice cooker, slow cooker, and pressure cooker. Furthermore, they also come with pre-set functions such as keep warm, delayed timer, and a countdown clock.
Please bear in mind that most multi-cookers can complete the function of both pressure cookers and slow cookers, but you should always check the manual to see its limitations. Some people may get a multi-cooker for its versatility, but if you don’t think you will make the most of the functions, another appliance may be better.
That is it for our reviews on our list of the best multi-cookers in the UK. We hope that this article helps you find the best multi-cooker that sits well with your cooking methods and preference.
However, if we’re to pick an overall winner from our best multi-cookers reviews, then it will be our editor’s choice, the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 multi-cooker. It is ideal for everyday cooking, but it can also be used to either slow cook or pressure cook. Additionally, it can keep your food warm thanks to its auto keep-warm function.
Lastly, it comes with a stainless steel cooking bowl, steaming rack, recipe book, soup spoon, spatula, and a user manual.