Last Updated on
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Kitchen Scales
- Duronic KS5000 (Editor’s Choice)
- KitchenCraft Living Nostalgia (Luxury Choice)
- ADORIC With an LCD Display (Best Value)
- Amazon Basics With LCD (Best BPA-Free)
- Etekcity Digital Premium Professional (Best Stainless Steel)
- Salter Digital Black Chrome (Best Easy to Store)
- Exact Electronic With Bowl (Best With Bowl)
- Homever Store Large Display (Best With Display)
- Amazon Brand Wet and Dry (Best for Wet and Dry)
- Morphy Richards 46611 (Best With Jug)
Experience accurate measurements and weigh multiple ingredients at home with the best kitchen scales in the UK!. Today’s article has the best kitchen scales to measure multiple ingredients simultaneously, including measuring liquids and dry food simultaneously. We’ve also included some luxury options with a versatile weigh function.
Decorate your kitchen worktop and small spaces with the best digital kitchen scales you can buy. More importantly, take your cooking skills to the next level by being more precise in measuring ingredients! Below, we have a diverse selection of the top 10 kitchen scales for precise measurements.
Kitchen Scales Reviews
These kitchen scales feature high-precision sensors to ensure that all measurements are accurate up to the nearest 0.1 gram.
These scales include a two-litre stainless steel measurement bowl that fits neatly onto the scale. You can use the bowl for other kitchen tasks and not just measure ingredients with a removable design. Best of all, it’s large enough for preparing and mixing ingredients before you bake.
Moreover, these weighing scales includes a backlight LCD screen to showcase measurements in digits, making them easier to read at any angle. To further assist with your kitchen duties, the auto-zero tare function lets you use different containers on the scale for measuring ingredients.
On the other hand, the scale is made of plastic, which might not be a sustainable option if you want a plastic-free scale. Plus, the auto switch-off function might power off too quickly before you have enough time to add other ingredients.
- Includes high-precision sensors
- Includes a two-litre stainless steel bowl
- LCD screen shows measurements in digits for easier reading
- The digital display helps with accuracy
- Allows you to use other containers on the scale for measuring ingredients
- Plastic material might not be a sustainable option
- The auto switch-off function might power off too quickly
These digital kitchen scales boast a nostalgic feel that complement any kitchen setup. With a gorgeous English sage finish and a durable mechanism, these scales make you feel like you’ve travelled back in time.
Furthermore, they feature a read dial that displays both metric and imperial measurements to hold up to 4 kg of ingredients. Plus, with a large, removable bowl that’s suitable for both wet and dry ingredients, baking and preparation just became a little easier.
It’s worth noting that some people might prefer a digital kitchen scale to assist with easier reading and minimise errors. Additionally, these kitchen scales might not include a light, making reading the display difficult in low lighting.
- Bowl is dishwasher safe
- Large bowl for durability
- Holds up to 4 kg of ingredients
- Displays both metric and imperial measurements
- Available in a selection of colours
- Some people might prefer a digital display rather than a dial
- It might not include a light to assist with reading the display
The ADORIC With an LCD Display is one of the best digital scales in the UK if you’re on a budget.
Designed with four high-precision sensors, they provide all the accuracy you need for cooking and baking. They’re great kitchen scales for measuring rice, flour, and even non-food items like letters and stamps.
Moreover, these modern scales include a tare function that allows you to weigh ingredients without including the container in the weight accurately. Place an empty container on the scale, press the tare function, and the weight display will reset to zero.
You’ll also receive several units that you can easily switch the scales, too, including grams, millilitres, pounds and ounces. Plus, the large backlight LCD screen makes it easier than ever to read the results.
On the other hand, these kitchen scales have a slim design that might make it difficult to add a large measuring bowl on top.
- Tare function to accurately measure ingredients without weighing the bowl
- Includes four high-precision sensors
- Designed with an anti-fingerprint stainless steel material
- Compact size that’s ideal for storage
- Includes several units
- The slim design might be difficult to add a large bowl
- Tare function might take several seconds to register
Next on our list is the Amazon Basics With LCD. There are many reasons why we think this can be the best kitchen scale for you.
These BPA-free kitchen scales can weigh up to 5kg of ingredients. They’re equipped with advanced sensor technology to provide an accurate and fast response. Above all, the stainless steel design makes these scales durable and stylish to use in all kitchen setups.
Furthermore, these kitchen scales are designed with BPA-free materials, making them safe to use around food. All the while, the smooth, flat surface makes it easy to clean and maintain these scales.
Similar to other digital scales, these require batteries, but you’ll only need two AAA batteries rather than the standard amount of three.
However, these kitchen scales might not sense ingredients under 2 grams. In addition, they might not include touch screen controls, which might not be ideal for everyone.
- Advanced sensor technology provides accurate and fast results
- Stylish, durable stainless steel finish
- Designed with BPA-free materials
- A smooth surface is ideal for cleaning
- It runs on two AAA batteries
- It might not be able to sense ingredients weighing under 2 grams
- It might not include touch screen controls
These stainless steel digital scales use a food-grade material that makes them safe to use around ingredients while offering a smooth surface that’s easy to remove fingerprint marks, food and sauces from.
Moreover, these digital scales have a maximum weight of 5 kg of ingredients with a division of 1 g, enabling you to achieve the accuracy you need to maintain exact portion control for accurate or healthier cooking. The high-precision strain gauge sensors deliver accurate results every time.
In addition, they feature a tare function and an auto-zero function, giving you the option of measuring in various mugs and bowls with hassle-free accuracy.
It’s worth bearing in mind that these digital scales might be more difficult to clean than other appliances on this list as fingerprint marks and blemishes might easily appear on the screen. Also, you may need to keep liquid away from these digital scales as a tiny bit of moisture might cause them to malfunction.
- Food-grade stainless steel material
- Easy to wipe clean and remove crumbs and fingerprint marks
- High-precision strain gauge sensors improve accuracy
- Can hold up to 5 kg of ingredients
- Features a tare function
- It might be difficult to keep clean
- You may need to keep liquid away from these scales
Practicality is an important part of buying kitchen scales. Fortunately, these Salter scales are easy to store, thanks to their slim design.
Another top feature of these scales is their ability to measure liquids accurately. Thanks to the Aquatronic function, you can choose your preferred measurement unit, then pour in your liquid, and the scales will display the reading measurement.
Moreover, these digital kitchen scales include an add and weigh function to add all ingredients to the scale bowl. Press the “on-zero-off” function to reset the scale before you add each ingredient, meaning that you don’t have to keep tabs on the measurements as you go.
You’ll also receive an easy-to-read display on the large screen. All the while, you can easily switch between metric and imperial measurements at the switch of a button.
On the other hand, these digital scales might not be as durable as others on this list. Additionally, the buttons are made from plastic, which might not be as durable as other scales we’ve reviewed.
- Provides easy storage
- Measures liquids with accuracy, thanks to the Aquatronic function
- Includes an add and weigh function
- Easy-to-read display
- Option to switch between metric and imperial measurements
- CIt might not be as durable as others on this list
- Buttons are plastic, which might not be as durable as stainless steel buttons
Consider this set of scales, including a detachable large stainless steel mixing bowl measuring 21 cm in diameter. Its stainless steel body makes it easy to clean and maintain.
These are one of the best scales for readability, thanks to the large LCD screen that minimises any errors when you’re reading the measurements on the screen. Plus, with Zero and Tare functions, you can weigh several ingredients without removing the contents before.
This set of scales includes a generous maximum weight of 5 kg, and it includes several units of measurements: kilograms, pounds, grams and ounces.
On the other hand, you might not include batteries with these scales. Also, you might encounter that these scales aren’t 100 per cent and might not measure to the nearest 0.1 gram.
- Automatically switches off after two minutes
- Includes a stainless steel bowl for durability and easy cleaning
- Includes Zero and Tare functions for weighing several ingredients
- Offers various measurement units
- Suitable for solid and liquid ingredients
- It might not include batteries
- Measurements might not be 100 per cent accurate
Look no further than this appliance for a set of scales with an easily readable display. Equipped with a large LCD screen that’s easy to read and five measuring units (kilograms, pounds, ounces, millilitres and grams), these digital scales prevent confusion.
It is designed for accuracy. These scales include four sensors at the button and can reach the nearest 1 gram for accuracy. They also include a Tare function, so you get an accurate food measurement without using the bowl that comes with these scales.
Best of all, these scales have a maximum weight of 15 kg. They’re also easy to wipe clean, thanks to the smooth stainless steel material that prevents a build-up of crumbs and residue.
However, these scales might only be able to measure from 2 grams. In addition, the touch-sensitive buttons might be too sensitive for some people.
- Large LCD screen that’s easy to read
- Includes five measuring units
- Includes four sensors for accuracy
- Provides measurements to the nearest one gram
- Includes a Tare function
- It might have a minimum of 2 grams for measurements
- Buttons might be too sensitive for some people
These digital scales include four high-precision sensors that can weigh up to five kilograms with a minimum of one gram.
Easy to use and practical, these scales include a Tare feature, making it suitable to use other containers for measurements. Plus, the backlight LCD vividly displays readings for easy visibility.
Moreover, these digital kitchen scales can measure dry and liquid ingredients with excellent precision with various modes.
Unfortunately, the measurements on these digital kitchen scales might flick off quicker than other scales. In addition, you might not be able to use these scales for measurements in ounces.
- Includes four high-precision sensors
- Registers weights of a minimum of 1 g
- LCD shows measurements easily
- Includes a Tare feature for versatility
- Can weigh up to 5 kg of ingredients
- Readings might flash off too quickly for some people
- Scales might not offer readings in ounces
Finally, this kitchen scale includes a deep, versatile mixing bowl with engraved measurements and a click-lock function that’s great for separating this dishwasher-safe bowl for various kitchen uses.
You’ll also receive a digital display for accurately reading measurements with a choice of both solid and liquid conversion options. Thanks to the easy-to-use digital display, it’s simple to obtain readings at a glance.
The Tare mode allows you to conveniently weigh and measure ingredients in the same bowl for enhanced accuracy. Above all, the included stainless steel bowl is durable and robust for everyday use.
On the contrary, the screen on these scales might be at an awkward angle for some people, requiring you to move to see the measurements. The bowl’s release button might be placed in a position that leads to accidental errors.
- The bowl includes engraved measurements
- Includes measurements for both solid and liquid conversions
- The digital display is easy to read
- Bowl has a click-lock function for a secure hold
- Designed with a robust stainless steel bowl with a colour-matching scale
- The screen might be positioned at an awkward angle for reading measurements
- Bowl’s release button might be awkwardly placed
Things to Consider When Buying Kitchen Scales
Our top 10 list includes awesome choices that you can choose from. However, if you still find it hard to decide and need help with the factors to consider when choosing the best kitchen scales in the UK, below is a helpful guide to selecting the best appliance for your needs.
The most important part of kitchen scales is measuring ingredients accurately, so they must be equipped with high-precision sensors.
Dry and Liquid Measurements
We recommend considering kitchen scales that support dry and liquid measurements for excellent versatility. This is ideal for baking and cooking to offer diversity in the kitchen.
Moreover, kitchen scales that offer both imperial and metric measurements are preferred amongst most people because you don’t need to convert measurements from online recipes.
Maximum Weight Capacity
It’s also important that you consider the maximum weight capacity of your weighing scales. Most of the best kitchen scales provide a maximum weight capacity of 5 kg, but you might be happy with a lower maximum, or perhaps you need a larger capacity. Ensure that you’re clear on this when beginning your search.
A Tare function is useful for adding more ingredients to the bowl without using a separate bowl or starting the process again. So you can add and weigh as you go along.
Design and Size
It’s also important that your digital kitchen scale is compatible with your kitchen space. While large mechanical kitchen scales might be ideal for measuring a large batch of ingredients, a kitchen scale that’s too large for your kitchen space will minimise your cooking area.
Finally, if you’re looking for the best digital kitchen scales, find one that you can easily read the weight on the screen. Therefore, consider a screen with an LCD backlight or large text to make the readings legible. Additionally, look at customer reviews to see if the screen is only readable at certain angles, which can become irritating to adjust yourself each time you need to read the weight.
The Best Digital Kitchen Scale
We hope you enjoyed reading these kitchen scales reviews and better understand the features of most digital scales. If we had to recommend only the best scales, it’d be the Duronic KS5000. Designed with high-precision sensors that measure to the nearest 0.1 gram, these scales are great for adding ingredients for accurate measurements. Plus, the two-litre bowl sits nicely on top while the LCD screen shares the results clearly and vividly.
If you have the best food scale you’d like to share with our readers, let us know your recommendation(s) in the comments.