Are you curious to discover how to make our chocolate cornflake cake recipe with chocolate? Read on and let’s get cooking!
150 g cooking milk chocolate, small broken pieces
50 g butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
30 g white chocolate chips
30g milk chocolate chips
30 g dark chocolate chips
1. Stand 12 paper cupcake cases on a tray or in a cupcake tray.
2. In a large non-stick saucepan, place the butter, chocolate, and golden syrup together on very low heat. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
3. Heat until the chocolate has fully melted and creates a thick sauce.
4. Remove off heat and set aside. Allow the melted chocolate mixture to cool slightly for a minute or so.
5. While the sauce is cooling, gently pour in the cornflakes.
6. Mix the chocolate and cornflakes, making sure to coat all the flakes with the chocolate mixture.
7. Continue stirring until all the cornflakes are fully coated.
8. Spoon the chocolate coated cornflake mixture evenly between the cases into the already pre-lined cupcake tray.
9. Gently press down so that the flakes stick together.
10. If you wish to add any toppings or additional ingredients, now is the time to do so.
11. Place the whole tray into the fridge to set.
12. Once set, you can remove the cornflake cakes from the cupcake cases or, if you like, leave them in the paper cases. You can also place the chocolate clusters in a container or resealable food bag and store them in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes (plus 1 hour cooling time)
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: British
- Calories: 113
Keywords: chocolate cornflake cakes recipe