If you’re carving a pumpkin this Halloween, don’t let the edible pumpkin flesh go to waste! It’s delicious, nutritious, and very versatile: it goes very well in soups, pastas, risottos, but also pies and cakes. We were inspired this year to try something different and made pumpkin hummus: recipe below! 😋🎃
For more excellent ideas check out Hubbub’s #PumpkinRescue campaign, and if you’d like to help save some more pumpkins this Halloween, join Feedback’s upcoming gleaning event on Saturday 4th November 💪
Surprise Pumpkin Hummus with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
This delicious hummus has a little surprise – pumpkin! Any type of pumpkin can be used, especially the ones carved for Halloween.
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 0 min
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small pumpkin
- 2 limes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/200C fan/gas mark 7. Line a tray with baking parchment.
- To prep the pumpkin: remove the skin and dice the flesh into cubes, then put into the food processor and pulse till smooth.
- Boil the chickpeas and cannellini beans for 5 minutes, and add to the food processor with the pureed pumpkin, pulse till smooth.
- Add the salt, tahini, cumin, all spice and smoked paprika to the food processor, and mix for a further minute.
- To prep the pumpkin seeds: wash and dry the pumpkin seeds, then coat them in cumin, ground paprika and cayenne pepper. Toast for 6 to 8 minutes, until golden brown.
Happy Halloween! 🎃👻