Inspired by our delicious Carrot and Spice Boost Banana Bars, this scrumptious loaf is a quick bake and is great for using up overripe bananas. And – it’s vegan!
Now, on your marks… Get set… Bake! 😜🍌🍰
Carrot & Spice Banana Loaf
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 1 hour
Cuts into 8-10 Slices
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 medium carrot
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g light brown sugar
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- sliced bananas, for topping
- 25g Apple & Raspberry fruit jerky, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Spray a 9×5 loaf tin with non-stick spray and flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas leaving some little chunks. Add the light brown sugar, sunflower oil, vanilla extract and almond milk. Mix together using an electric whisk or wooden spoon.
- Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt, and use a wooden spoon to fold together.
- Grate the carrot and squeeze out the juices using a tea towel. Then fold into the mixture.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared loaf tin, and top with sliced bananas and fruit jerky.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.