Snack & Act
Give a shit and get shit done. Feel like this gels with you? Read on…
We’re Snact. We make deliciously sustainable snacks. We buy ugly and unwanted produce from farmers and pack houses to make our snacks. To reduce waste even further (in this case plastic), our snacks are packed in 100% home compostable packaging. But our hunger for change is much bigger than that: we have huuuge* plans for 2017 and beyond to change the world one tasty snack (or snact) at a time.
On the back of two successful investment rounds, last year saw us launch our fruit jerky snacks across the country with a large presence in London. We’re stocked with Ocado, As Nature Intended, Compass, Planet Organic, a whole lot of indies and are about to launch with Selfridges. This year, we’re going large and we need help to make this happen!
We’re looking for a Snactivist to join the Snact team full time, based in our offices in London Bridge surrounded by other amazing sustainability-minded start-ups (have a look at Sustainable Bridges). We work flexibly, we care about the output, not so much strict working hours, and we occasionally have a very cute fluffy Snactivist office dog who joins us for office entertainment.
What’s the role?
As a business development & key accounts manager, you will take responsibility for managing existing relationships, and developing new relationships, with key customers across our different channels. You’ll be responsible for Snact’s sales execution, buyer interface and negotiations, promotional execution and forecasting.
You’ll also liaise with internal commercial functions to deliver great customer service, consumer insight led execution strategies/innovation and interaction with Snact’s field sales team as required. You’ll work closely with the two directors (Michael & Ilana) and the existing sales team to achieve Snact’s sales strategy (in other words: our plans to conquer the snack world). You’ll work alongside the rest of the Snact team (there are 4 ½ of us at the moment).
What will you be doing?
• Managing our key accounts across retailers and food service sector
• Developing and implementing commercial strategy (alongside directors)
• Identifying and developing new leads
• Driving new business in existing retailers
• Overseeing pricing & promotions
• Maintaining company values with customers
What are we looking for?
Ideally you’ll have:
• An in-depth understanding of sales processes within the retail market
• Direct experience of working across key and specific UK retailers in a role within an FMCG supplier
• Great customer management skills
It’d also be great if you had the following:
• Experience of working in small to medium sized FMCG brand (snack brand even better) and having participated to its successful growth
• Proven track record of FMCG experience and training including sales techniques, negotiation skills, P&L analysis, forecasting and budget management
• Understanding of shoppers in different customer channels (to advise on promotions, range solutions…)
• Existing relationships in retail/with buyers
• 3+ years of experience in FMCG, looking for the next step with opportunity to lead key channels for a growing brand
And last but certainly not least, you should have:
• A burning desire to have a positive impact in the world without taking yourself too seriously
• Willingness to go over and beyond when needed (knowing we always find time to relax on the other side!)
• Full Time
• Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience + all can you eat fruit jerky & flexible working
• Responsible to: Directors
To apply: Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Snact – Biz Dev & Key Accounts” with your CV and explaining why you’re the one for us before February 23rd (or as soon as possible, we will meet people on a rolling basis).
*Don’t worry, we’ve got great work ethics and a strong code of conduct.
© 2017 Snact Ltd All rights reserved. Snact Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 8799761. Registered office: 20-22 Wenlock Road, N17GU.